Head of Human Resource
AB Bank - Location: Zambia, Lusaka
AB Bank Zambia is looking for a Head of HR who is able and willing to develop the Human Resource Department including Talent Management and Learning & Development functions within AB Bank Zambia to a new, strategic as well as operational level. The position reports to the Chief Executive Officer in Zambia and works closely with the AccessHolding headquarters HR team in Berlin/Germany on supporting HR activities.
WHY JOIN AB BANK?
AB Bank is successfully operating in Zambia for the last 7 years. It is a fast growing bank which gives employees opportunity for career development and personal growth. AB Bank Zambia’s objective is to serve and push the growth of micro and SME businesses to develop a local middle class and improve the lives of the overall Zambian population. The Bank is part of the Access Microfinance Holding Network with banks in 10 different countries in Africa, Central Asia and Brazil. The shareholders of AB Bank are international financial institutions like IFC (Worldbank Group), KfW (German Development Bank) and AccessHolding.
AB Bank Zambia is a great place to work with a pleasant work environment and prides itself on its impact on the local communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. Interested? We are looking forward to your application!!!
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Among other duties, the Head of Human Resource will be responsible for:
Development of Bank’s HR Strategy (Planning, 10%), incl.
- Set-up and implementation of a succession plan
- Set-up and implementation of a bank-wide salary grade framework
- Design and implementation of concepts for a sustainable staff retention strategy
Monitoring and operational Management, (40%), incl.
- Ensuring of efficient administration of staff
- Talent management and employee relations
- Coordination and guidance during the performance appraisal process, as well as analysis of results
- Organization and implementation of staff training and evaluation programs
- Organization and supervision of career planning programs
- Provision of advice and guidance to all team leader and managers regarding HR questions
- Annual planning, further development of HR procedures, supervision of payroll and employee services, HRIS
HR Risk Management & Control (20%)
Stakeholder management incl. employee relations and corporate culture (5%)
People Management (15%)
Customer / Employee Service (10%)
- Master degree in business related subject or social sciences
- A minimum of 7 years’ relevant HR work experience, of which 2 years were in similar position (managerial position).
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Thorough knowledge of Zambian Labour Laws;
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the advanced ability to use Microsoft products (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, efficiently; Experience with HRIS (HR Nav) is a plus;
- Project and team management skills and experience. Capability of effective planning and priority setting. Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Sound strategic and creative thinking as well as strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of global best HR practices
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Excellent team spirit
- First experiences in project management
- Problem-solving attitude and skills