AB Bank - Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia, Lusaka
Job Title: Loan Officer
Posting Date: 3rd January, 2019
AB Bank Zambia Limited, is a bank with a mission to improve access to a broad range of financial services for the majority of Zambian businesses and their owners in a sustainable and efficient manner. The bank provides financial services to Micro, Small and Medium-sized Entrepreneurs and their families in Zambia. AB Bank has been operating in Zambia since 2011 and has since grown steadily with prospects of further expansion.
AB Bank Zambia Limited is currently recruiting for the position of Loan Officer.
Main responsibilities or duties:
- Creating and managing own loan portfolio by conducting direct promotion and/or other marketing activities on a regular basis.
- Screening prospects’ eligibility, taking loan applications and arranging appointments with clients.
- Conducting loan analyses by visiting the business and household of clients.
- Visiting the business/employer of guarantors and preparing a complete loan assessment according to the Bank’s credit procedures.
- Presenting loan proposals to the credit committee and informing the client about the decision of the credit committee.
- Arranging the disbursement in collaboration with the Back Office and the client then ensuring punctual repayments by monitoring loans with the Bank’s software (LFS MBS) and contacting and visiting clients.
- Ensuring all necessary credit forms are filled in by the Loan Officer before presenting a loan proposal to the credit committee.
- Ability, willingness and interest to work in the field around 60% of working time.
- Prior work experience in a business is an added advantage.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Good knowledge of financial mathematics and accounting.
- Fluency in English and in one local language is a must.
- A minimum of a diploma, preferably a bachelor’s degree in Banking and Finance, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Accounting or Information Systems.
- No previous professional experience required.
- High level of integrity.
- Ability to work independently.
- Good communication and presentation skills, orally and verbally.
- Basic knowledge of Zambian financial sector and banking market.
- Good knowledge of all operations, products and services offered by the Bank.