Action Africa Help - Location: Zambia, Luapula
ACTION AFRICA HELP INTERNATIONAL – ZAMBIA
Job Title: Driver x 1
Reporting to: Finance and Admin
Action Africa Help International (AAH-I) is regional African – led non- governmental organization that supports livelihood – challenged communities in East and Southern Africa to sustainably improve their well – being and standard of living. With Country Programs in South Sudan, Uganda, Zambia, Somalia and Kenya, AAH-I has over 20 years ‘experience working with communities in conflict and post –conflict situations.
As part of that effort action Africa help Zambia (AAHZ) has since 2011 been managing warehouses for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) and The World Food Programme (WFP).
We are seeking the services of a Driver to join our Department.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3 years able to drive a landcruisers in mud and sand roads
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, local roads/waterways and conditions, and security issues.
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations whichever applicable.
- Knowledge of safety standards and safety equipment (e.g. fire extinguishers, buoyant wearable safety devices, etc.).
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Basic skills to assist in case of emergency, knowledge of first aid basic methods.
- Ability to assess vehicles for mechanical fitness and skills in minor vehicle repairs.