Communication Officer (Internship)
Action Africa Help International-Zambia - Lusaka, Lusaka
Action Africa Help International-Zambia (AAHI-Z) is an organization working to improve the quality of life of livelihoods challenged communities in the country by providing technical assistance and support to capacity building for government, community based organizations and local communities. Our mission is to support livelihood challenged communities in Zambia. AAHI-Z is currently looking for a suitably qualified Zambian to immediately fill up an Internship position of Communications Officer to be stationed in Lusaka with occasional travel to the projects. The selected candidate shall report to the Country Director.
Job Title: Communication Officer (Internship)
Duty Station: Lusaka, Zambia with occasional travel to the projects
Reports to: Country Manager
Liaises With: Projects team, AAH-I Communication department (HQ)
Purpose of position: This is the critical role ensuring AAH Zambia’s communication and advocacy plan and activities are well coordinated and executed, supports the production of high quality communications products to profile-raise the country programme and leads in building the communication and documentation capacity of project teams and other staff.
Please note that this is a non-salaried position, however transport allowance is provided.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Providing communication support to the country programme.
- Develop, compile and submit content for posting on the AAH-I Website and social media platforms.
- Work with project teams to document human interest stories, case studies and best practices on programme/project activities to boost learning and visibility of AAH Zambia work.
- Develop and disseminate a variety of communications products such as annual reports, brochures, news articles, videos, press materials and many more others.
- Contribute to enhancing AAH-I’s social media presence by availing country programme content for posting the AAH-I’s social networking sites.
- Develop and maintain key media contacts to increase coverage of AAH Zambia’s activities and events and increasing coverage in media by preparing and organizing media activities such as press visits to projects, writing press releases and hosting press conferences.
- Facilitate and manage AAH Zambia’s internal and external events and related activities.
- Liaise with and develop effective collaborative relationships with AAH Zambia’s partners who include but not limited to donors, implementing partners, Government /Local Authorities, communities and so on.
- Maintain an update library of media, photos, and related communication materials.
- Act as first point of contact for general inquiries.
- Enhance AAH Zambia’s internal communications through regularly updating staff contacts, and tracking proper utilization of official communication tools e.g. email.
- Diploma in Public relations, Mass Communications or equivalent.