Front Office Assistant
Africa Development College - Location: Kabwe, Central Province, Zambia, Central
Africa Development College (ADC) is a college that aims to encourage and enable individuals to develop their full potential through distance learning. ADC is committed to enhancing the quality of its programs through continuous efforts and determination of both local and international provisions, flexibility, and collaboration with external partners in the delivery of programs in Zambia. Based in Kabwe Central Province, ADC believes that open learning should reflect and impact all groups in society and make eligible individuals to participate, and improve their skills.
We are looking for a Front Office Assistant to manage our reception area. The Front Office Assistant will act as the ‘face’ of our company and ensure visitors receive a heart-warming welcome. Furthermore, the office bearer will also coordinate all front desk activities, including calls, reservations and student’ affairs. As a Front Office Assistant, the office bearer should combine a pleasant personality with a dynamic professional attitude to supervise and lead our team. Our ideal candidate can deal efficiently with complaints and has a solid customer service approach. Ultimately, the office bearer should be able to ensure our front desk provides professional and friendly service to our customers.
- Oversee and carry out various day-to-day facility functions for Africa Development College
- Acquire working knowledge of Africa Development College policies and procedures.
- Provide and interpret detailed information to all inquiries regarding fees, special programs, and policies and procedures.
- Maintain student files and staff membership database.
- Improve and streamline current information management systems.
- Perform regular front desk duties for the college: answer phones, photocopy, and check student into facility, and complete appropriate paperwork.
- Coordinate all advance reservations for enrollments made by telephone or through correspondence.
- Maintain reservation waiting list and assign places as available.
- Maintain files and records on reservations and pre-registration correspondence.
- Assist with advertising and marketing efforts.
- Confer regularly with immediate supervisor to exchange information, resolve problems etc.
- Proven work experience as a Front Office Assistant or Reception manager
- Hands on experience with office machines (e.g. fax machines and printers)
- Thorough knowledge of customer service, office management and basic bookkeeping procedures
- Proficiency in English (oral and written)
- Solid knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel and Word
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Good organizational and multitasking abilities
- Problem-solving skills
- Exceptional multitasker
- Making sure the office is clean and well maintained
- Diploma in Business Administration or any related field of study; additional certification is a plus.