Apion Properties and Constructions - Location: Zambia, Lusaka
Apion seeks the services of a mechanical engineer. The successful candidate will demonstrate experience or an appropriate background for developing skill in project management, planning, analysis, design, implementation, commissioning, and support for the operation and maintenance of mechanical systems. The candidate is to be knowledgeable in the operation, installation and testing of mechanical equipment such as gates, valves, pumps, and large plumbing equipment and cooling systems.
- Proven work experience in technical bolting, valve repair and industrial chemical process technology
- Joint application engineering, Join integrity and strong knowledge of solid state physics and skilled in inspection and testing of high strength bolted joints and structured steel systems used in steel buildings
- Able to interpret and implement technical procedures and to disassemble and reassemble complex rotating equipment.
- Proven experience at Installation of up-top equipment including masts, clamping, bracing, supports, antennas, RRUs, cabling, bolting, true up, shooting proper azimuth within tolerances, reading maps and a compass, torque to spec, labeling, picture-taking, documentation, plumb and tilt readings with smart level, etc.
- A working knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of engineering, project management and construction is required, including methods, materials, equipment, techniques, technical software, schedules, specifications and contract documents.
- Competent to perform engineering design and analysis in an engineering specialty within a discipline.
- Graduate in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized institution
- 3+ years of related work experience in operating mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems in a commercial property setting
- Appropriate license/permit for trade is required from the Engineering Institution of Zambia
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills