Baker Tilly Chartered Accountants - Location: Zambia, Lusaka
Are you ready to apply your knowledge and background to exciting new challenges? From learning to leadership, this is your chance to take your career to the next level. Baker Tilly provides audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, tax and related services to public and private clients spanning various industries through a globally connected network of member firms in more than 120 countries. The following opportunity has arisen within the organisation:
Responsible for the general accounting function including preparing journal entries, maintaining balance sheet schedules and ledgers and bank reconciliations.
Key Performance Areas
- Managing and performing complex analytical work that involve extracting data from multiple databases and prepare summary reports, make recommendations based on information gathered, designs financial forms and spreadsheets.
- Compiling work for clients which include,
- Analysing and preparing financial reports
- Preparation of management accounts
- Tax compilation and registrations
- Documenting financial transactions
- Summarising current financial status by collecting information, preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement and other reports.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- ACCA, CIMA or any relevant qualification
- Two or more years’ experience in bookkeeping and tax services
- Experience in an audit firm and added advantage
For this position we require;
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Pastel
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team player
- Information and task monitoring
- Attention to detail and accuracy.