Emergency Response Supervisor
Lumwana Mine, Solwezi, Zambia.
Reporting to: Emergency Response Coordinator,
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North-Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Emergency Response Supervisor.
Reporting to the Emergency Response Coordinator, you will be responsible to provide effective emergency services across site in the execution and supervision of the core disciplines of emergency response to minimize personal injury, loss of life, damage to equipment, environment and loss of production in the event of an incident or accident within Lumwana site or Township. Your duties will include but not limited to the following:
- Respond to all Emergency situations across site in a timely and effective manner,
- Conduct weekly training programs as scheduled on sectional calendar to ensure optimum skill levels to emergency response technicians in the core disciplines of emergency response and undertake all duties as directed commensurate with skills knowledge/ training
- Ensure all emergency vehicles, equipment and accessories are in a constant state of preparedness after pre- starts
- Compiling shift reports to the Coordinator to reflect emergency calls, equipment availability and the general status of emergency response station on Mine site.
- Conduct weekly, monthly and quarterly standard tests on ER equipment in accordance with the SOPs and OEMs manuals.
- Manage emergency scenes and Emergency Response Technicians to appropriately resolve the situations in a timely manner
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the team in all aspects of emergency response
- Development and maintenance of up to date job procedures for all tasks performed within the function.
- Provides timely feedback to the Supervisor on site emergencies to avert scene deterioration when significant impact is observed.
Experience & Qualifications
- Grade 12 full School Certificate
- Minimum of five (5) years post qualification experience in rescue and emergency services, preferably in the mining industry
- Certificate in Mine rescue and emergency Services – ERT Core disciplines
- Nationally accredited qualifications – Leading Fire-fighter, Sub Officer or Station officer
- Valid chamber of Mines first aid certificate
- Emergency medical Technician (EMT) qualification-Basic Life Support will be an added advantage
- Valid Driver licence- Zambian C class
LMC Employees who meet requirements for this position are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.