BELGRAVIA SERVICES LIMITED - Mansa, Chipata, Kigamboni and Mansa, all the provinces
The company intends to add a competent Plant Mechanic to her pool of employees.
Job Type: Full time
Reporting to the Fleet and Plant Manager.
Job Purpose: Reporting to the Senior heavy equipment mechanic, the Plant Mechanic will be responsible for carrying out diagnosis and repairing of all earth moving equipment and vehicles within BSL sites
Key result Areas:
• Carry out repairs on equipment as stated in the job card.
• Ensure faults on equipment are diagnosed properly and correct spares are ordered.
• Confirm spares delivered to site to ascertain that they meet the requirement.
• Assist the senior heavy equipment mechanic to inspect equipment and to ensure correct spares are ordered before equipment breaks down.
• Maintain proper records relating to equipment repairs to ensure service schedules are adhered to and that we keep track record of recurring faults in an equipment.
• Shall monitor the use of equipment at site and where necessary report misuse and from time to time sensitize drivers/Operators on safe operation of their equipment/vehicles
• Keep track of all tools ensuring they are safeguarded against theft, misuse and
• Ensure cleanliness of all equipment, vehicles and staff at site.
• Ensure safety standards are maintained at all times and that mandatory PPE’s are used at all times
• Service and repair of plant equipment; strictly abiding by the set service schedules.
• Regularly inspecting plant and equipment to ensure faults are arrested before a break down is pronounced.
• Identifying faults and repairing or replacing faulty parts
• Ensuring regular greasing is done on all equipment.
• Carry out minor welding as and when he is required to.
• Ensure workshop procedures such as use of work orders and job cards are adhered to at all times.
• Provide the labour charges on all repairs that took place within the workshop and ensure that the same is captured in the job cards
- Industrial Safety Executive (Hse)
• Excellent plant maintenance skills
• Problem-solving skills
• The ability to work alone without direct supervision
• Certification on workshop safety
• Excellent communication skills.
• A person who is attentive to details
• Good people management skills
• Interpersonal communication and relational skills.
• Good organizational and project management skills.
• Sound judgment; initiative; flexibility; detail-oriented.
• A person of high integrity who listens to and values the opinions of others
BELGRAVIA SERVICES LIMITED
Belgravia Services Ltd (BSL) is among the leading EPC construction companies in Zambia and committed in delivering quality services and a champion in conservation of our beloved environment. The company is renowned for its consistent production of landmark structures of unequalled quality finishes in Africa. We bring to the job multi-disciplinary teams with requisite capacity, capability and outstanding record of accomplishment in undertaking and managing major construction projects. BSL is guided by innovation, diligence, passion and commitment, these values enable us to build structures that not only satisfy but elevate our clients development needs successfully. From conceptualization of the structural plans through construction and to commissioning of our projects, we ensure that our team delivers quality success.