Senior Heavy Equipment Mechanic
BELGRAVIA SERVICES LIMITED - Mansa, Chipata and Kigamboni, all the provinces
Belgravia Services Ltd (BSL) is among the leading EPC construction companies in Zambia and committed in delivering quality services and a champion in conservation of our beloved environment. The company is renowned for its consistent production of landmark structures of un equalled quality finishes in Africa. We bri
The company intends to add a competent Senior Heavy Equipment Mechanic to her pool of employees.
Job Type: Full time
Reporting to the Fleet and Plant Manager.
Job Purpose: The Senior heavy equipment mechanic will be responsible for carrying out diagnosis and repairs on all earth moving equipment in conjunction with the plant mechanics within all BSL projects.
Key result Areas:
• Interpret reports presented by Operators and put them down in a more technical term on the job cards and communicate to the plant manager for instructions on what to do.
• Test repaired equipment to ensure the quality of work carried out is up to the required standard and that the same is safe and ready for use.
• Inspect equipment with a view of advising spares required. This shall ensure equipment are repaired before they breakdown.
• Travel to different sites to sort out repair issues on earth moving equipment.
• Maintain proper records relating to equipment repairs to ensure service schedules are adhered to and that we keep track record of recurring faults in an equipment.
• Monitor the use of equipment at site and where necessary report misuse and from time to time sensitize Operators on safe operation of their equipment/vehicles
• Ensure safety standards are maintained at all times and that mandatory PPE’s are used by all.
• Keep track of all batteries in the equipment and ensure they are well maintained as per required schedule.
• Ensure cleanliness of all equipment and staff at site.
• Service and repair of plant equipment; strictly abiding by the set service schedules.
• Regularly inspect plant and equipment to ensure faults are arrested before a break down is pronounced.
• Identifying faults and repairing or replacing faulty parts
• Ensuring regular greasing is done on all equipment.
• Strictly ensure all operators and drivers fill checklists and that faults identified/reported are attended to forthwith.
• Ensure workshop procedures such as use of work orders and job cards are adhered to at all times.
• Provide the labor charges on all repairs that took place within the workshop and ensure that the same is captured in the job cards.
- Fire Safety
Diploma in Plant maintenance/Mechanical engineering with over 10 years’ experience working in a busy construction company.
• Excellent plant maintenance skills
• Problem-solving skills
• The ability to work alone without direct supervision
• Certification on workshop safety.
• Excellent communication skills.
• A person who is attentive to details
• Good people management skills
• Interpersonal communication and relational skills.
• Good organizational and project management skills.
• Sound judgment; initiative; flexibility; detail-oriented.
• A person of high integrity who listens to and values the opinions of others.
Belgravia Services Ltd (BSL) is among the leading EPC construction companies in Zambia and committed in delivering quality services and a champion in conservation of our beloved environment. The company is renowned for its consistent production of landmark structures of un equalled quality finishes in Africa. We bring to the job multi-disciplinary teams with requisite capacity, capability and outstanding record of accomplishment in undertaking and managing major construction projects. BSL is guided by innovation, diligence, passion and commitment, these values enable us to build structures that not only satisfy but elevate our clients development needs successfully. From conceptualization of the structural plans through construction and to commissioning of our projects, we ensure that our team delivers quality success.