Accountant (Initial Internship)
BKS Investment Group - Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia, Lusaka
Are you an Accountant seeking to advance your career in a developing institution?
BKS Travel and Tours is a subsidiary of BKS Investment Group. Our core line of business is offering Airport shuttle Service, Self-service fully furnished apartments, Car Hire and Door-to-door pickup. Other subsidiaries in the group include Construction and Real Estate, Get Cash Financial services, General supplies and Cargo Management.
BKS Investment Group seeks to recruit a Junior Account to intern and help manage the companies Travel and Tours Subsidiary. The accountant will work under the supervision of the administrative manager and will monitor and manage day to day transactions both revenue and expenditure.
The accountant intern will be responsible for
The role of the accountant will be to help manage the financial statements across the different subsidiaries and the accountant will work under the direct supervision of the administrative manager. The account will be responsible for all financial related issues. The roles and responsibilities are described below
Roles and responsibilities include;
- Complete daily revenue and expenditure entries and balance off payments at the close of business
Banking all revenue collected and ensuring it is well accounted for
- Complete all financial tasks required for the financial month-end pre-closing steps and provide support as required for the financial month-end closing steps.
- Maintain financial records as per corporate policy and internal audit
- Provide support as required on accounting transactions and adjustments (accruals, deferrals and provisions), including Inter-company accounting.
- Provide support as required with manual journals and off-system payments requests ensuring accuracy and compliance with relevant policies.
- Assist with reconciliation of all relevant accounts and ensure that this is completed to corporate standards.
- Preparation of monthly salaries
- Assist consultant in the provision of Tax submissions and other statutory returns.
- Preparation of NAPSA contributions and processing payments.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Grade 12 certificate with at least a credit or Better in Mathematics and English
- Certificate, diploma, advanced diploma or degree in Accounting or finance
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of using manager accounting software
- Ability to work under pressure and flexible to work on Sundays
- Conversant with Zambian financial and Audit laws
To apply for this job simply come through for walk-in interviews this Saturday 19th January, 2019 from 9hrs to 12hrs. Kindly bring copies your CV and educational certificate.