Accounting and Finance Lead
BongoHive - Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia, Lusaka
Responsible for the financial health of the company organisation by producing financial reports, ensuring compliance with the relevant regulatory bodies and guiding the directors in making sound financial decisions in the long and short term. Coordinating all finance, administration and procurement activities of the organisation.
In addition, the accounting and finance lead is also responsible for the facilitation of all financial training in all Bongohive programmes and training engagements.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee the financial management of the business.
Development of finance manual and internal controls around the accounting and finance functions as and when required to ensure that the assets of the business are safeguarded from fraud or abuse.
- Weekly and monthly monitoring and planning of cash positions and cash flow so as to ensure that the organisation has sufficient cash for the day to day operations of the organisation.
- Preparation of budgets as and when required for all programmes and projects undertaken by the business and controlling expenditure in order to prevent overspending and budget deficits.
- Review of the financial transactions posted in Xero to ensure that all accounting records are up to date and posted correctly.
- Preparation of financial data for grant reports as and when required to ensure that the business satisfies grant requirements.
- Overseeing the financial audit process annually to ensure that the business has audited financial statements.
- Running of payroll monthly so as to ensure that all staff members remunerated as per employment contracts.
- To advise senior management based on financials when required so as to ensure that their decisions have financial input.
- Ensuring that the organisation is compliant with all regulatory requirements.Monthly, Quarterly and Annual preparation and submission of all relevant returns and payments to ensure that the business is up to date with all regulatory bodies so as to avoid any fines or penalties.
- To inform senior management on any new regulations that concern the business as and when required so as to let them understand what impact they could have on the operations of the business.
- Management of office administration functions. Oversee the office administration, procurement, and logistics such as travel arrangements on a regular basis so as to ensure that all those functions run as smoothly as possible and in a cost-effective manner.
- Coordination of accounts and office administration staff. The delegation of tasks to the accounts and administration team as and when required to ensure that they perform their functions.
- Stakeholder management. Develop and maintain good relations with the relevant people in regulatory bodies so as to ensure that there are good relations between the business and the regulatory bodies.
- Develop and maintain good relations with key clients and suppliers so as to ensure that the business has relations with clients and suppliers in for collections purposes and to negotiate favorable prices and payment terms with vendors.
- Facilitate finance-related training and mentorship. Designing and facilitating finance-related training for the Bongohive programmes, projects, masterclasses and other engagements as and when required so as to ensure quality training is provided.
- Mentor startups that go through Bongohive programmes weekly so as to ensure that they are able to manage their finance functions and are able to make financially sound business decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance/ Business.
- Professional accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA, ZICA).
- Not less than 5 years of relevant experience in various accounting and finance positions with at least 2 of those years in a management/supervisory position.
- Experience with working with SMEs.
- Good communications skills (verbal and written).
- Experience working with accounting and ERP packages.
- Very good Microsoft excel knowledge.
- Ability to work well under pressure with minimal supervision.