General Manager (Makuba Hotel)
Brilliance Executive Management - Ndola, Copperbelt
Brilliance Executive Management Consultancy Limited-BEMCONSULT has been given the mandate by Mukuba Hotel to assist in the identification and recruitment of a qualified professional for the position of General Manager.
Our Client are looking for a Strategic and Visionary Leader with key and proven competences in Innovation, Business turnaround, Policy Formulation, and Guest Relationship Management.
The General Manager will provide leadership and overall oversight of the Institution and effectively manage all functions and operations. The incumbent will work closely with the Board to engage effectively with stakeholders on governance issues.
Summary of Key Responsibilities;
- Effectively implement hotel policies to optimize company profitability.
- Manage and ensure execution of aggressive and competitive business programs that translate into increased business volumes and better market share.
- Develop cost effective controls, monitoring measures and practices in accordance with the hotel policy and procedures.
- Ensure overall profitability and financial well-being of the organization.
- Ensure continuous improvement in quality product and service delivery.
- Ensure environmentally friendly practices in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Establish and maintain effective communication in all operating structures to ensure team work and enhanced productivity level.
- Maximize cash flow performance of the Hotel through controls on inventory, credit and collections, disbursement, deposits and investment planning.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Marketing or any Social Science from a recognized University.
- An MBA or a Post Graduate Diploma Qualification in Hospitality will be an added advantage.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years work experience of which 5 years must have been in the same capacity or at a Senior Management Level.
- High integrity and leadership capabilities.
- Excellent Knowledge of risk analysis, budgeting and forecasting.
- Strong leadership abilities.
- Practical knowledge in formulation and implementation of Strategic Plans.
- Must be a member of a Hospitality professional body or Zambia Institute of Marketing.