British American Tobacco - Lusaka, Lusaka
To effectively operate the machinery under your control, set and carry out routine maintenance functions and to ensure that the desired moisture, temperature and particle size distribution of all tobacco processed through your machine is according to laid down Quality specifications. Ensure machine operation is done safely complaining with EHS requirements and all times.
- Responsible for Safe operation of machinery ensuring no risk of accidents. Must report any “Near Misses” to ensure Environmental, Health and Safety culture is promoted on the machine and across the factory
- Maintain and continuously improve product Quality
- Attend to machine breakdowns in the shortest possible time to minimize disruption to production and keep history of the machine performance.
- Reduce Tobacco & WMs waste by root cause analysis and continuous improvement strategies
- As part of the Machine team optimize utilization of production time and rational use of R&R spares and all other manufacturing resources.
- Ensure good housekeeping around the machine during and after the shift to reduce on weevil count and general cleanliness of the factory.
- Assist in improving production processes and approaches to repairs of machinery for high productivity and good quality.
- Capture and analyze data for machine performance reports.
- Report and advise Supervisor on the condition of machinery and any opportunity to improve safely, quality and performance
- Perform any other duties as assigned from time to time by superiors.
- Diploma/Advanced Certificate in Engineering or Technical discipline
- Up to 2 x years’ experience in manufacturing industry
Nice to have
- Hard worker with ability to deliver results
- Team Player and able to work with minimum supervision.
- High levels of integrity and honesty.
British American Tobacco is one of the world’s leading multinational companies, with brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries.
We are proud that we are consistently among the top 5 companies on the London Stock Exchange.
Our portfolio includes our world-famous Global Drive Brands – Dunhill, Kent, Lucky Strike, Pall Mall and Rothmans – along with many other leading international brands, such as Vogue, Peter Stuyvesant and State Express 555.
Alongside our traditional tobacco business, we are also developing products that offer consumers potentially less risky alternatives to regular cigarettes. Our Next Generation Products are already leading the way in the Industry of vapour and tobacco heating devices. We continue to develop a solid portfolio of consumer solutions which already include well known global brands like Vype, glo and Voke.