British Council - Lusaka, Lusaka
The British Council Zambia is looking for an Office Administrator for a 7 month fixed term contract.
The post holder is responsible for the provision of efficient and effective administrative, financial and facilities support. Responsible for the timely and accurate recording of accounting transactions and adjustments, making sure that all corporate and audit standards are achieved. S/he will render support with administration related to logistics, general administration of the office, documentation and archiving tasks ensuring proper record keeping in country. S/he will support facilities as required by the country office to ensure an efficient, secure and appropriately controlled operating and working environment, delivered to British Council corporate standards.
The post requires previous office administration experience and excellent Microsoft Office skills.
Office Administrator (7 month fixed term contract) Maternity Cover
The Business Support Service function is responsible for effective and efficient office management ensuring that the business is operating in a fully functioning environment. This role is one of the 3 in BSS and supports the smooth running of business through timely and accurate financial records and facilities management.
The post requires:
- Generic financial management and administrative skills
- Demonstration of a clear understanding of risk management
- Have basic experience of procurement and supplier management
- Understanding of contracting for services and goods to corporate standards;
- At least 2 year working experience as an Office Administrator or Accountant
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Please refer to the role profile for more information on the role responsibilities/accountabilities and person specification.
Please follow the links for relevant document to support your application:
Office Administrator Role Profile.pdf
British Council Behaviours.pdf
British Council Core Skills.pdf