BroadReach is profoundly focused on improving the health and well-being of underserved populations across the globe. We empower governments, donor groups, NGOs and private companies to operate more efficiently, improving outcomes for people in need with our intelligent solutions: A combination of our people, process and our Vantage platform.
Purpose of the position
The Help Desk Officer (HDO) reports into the Deployment, Maintenance and Support Lead and is the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone, chat or email or through tickets raised on the Help Desk System (HDS). The HDO Is expected to solve basic technical problems and provide support for all Smart Care sites while providing first line support to Implementing Partners and Ministry of Health Help Desk Officers.
Key accountabilities for the role include but are not limited to:
- Support the Deployment, Maintenance and Support Lead in developing and updating the overall work plan, and quarterly and annual support plans.
- Support capacity assessment of services being provided by service providers
- Identify, and allocate tickets, issues or requests to relevant service providers, decision makers and IDeAS management.
- Support the Deployment, Maintenance and Support Lead in monitoring ongoing support against service level agreements, and assist in troubleshooting to prevent and resolve potential problems in Health facilities using Smart care.
- Report monthly on support progress.
- Install, configure repair laptops, desk top computers and printers
- Install and configure windows operating systems – currently supported versions
- Trouble shoot relational database management systems including SQL Server in use
- Trouble shoot ethernet based local area networks, switches and hubs
- Communicate effectively at all levels
- Perform other functions as directed by the Deployment, Maintenance and Support Lead
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Investigate, test and ascertain cause of a reported issues to be able to find and allocate the identified issues to the correct service provider
- Observe patterns of problems and summarize them as frequently asked questions or trouble shooting techniques for use by customers.
- Degree in technology related field
Experience & skills
- Min 2 years working in a similar role in a medium to large organisationExposure to solving system issues and queries
- Demonstrated experience in providing reports to Management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at different levels within an organisation
- Ability to apply knowledge and technical skills across varying user queries
Personal qualities & Behavioural competencies
- Flexible, dynamic and accommodating to ensure clients receive consistent standards of service
- Client/customer focused
- Maintains a professional demeanour at all times
- Focused on continuous process improvements
- Collaborative nature of working across different teams
- Ability to effectively prioritise and plan work
- Be solution focused
- Results orientation
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Client orientation
BroadReach Culture Cornerstones
- We serve a mission greater than ourselves
- We do better everyday
- We are solutions driven not problem focused
- We turn all customers into raving fans