BroadReach is profoundly focused on improving the health and well-being of underserved populations across the globe. We empower governments, donor groups, NGOs and private companies to operate more efficiently, improving outcomes for people in need with our intelligent solutions: A combination of our people, process and our Vantage platform.
Purpose of the position
The Program assistant is responsible for assisting in planning, organizing and coordinating program activities, under the direction of the Project Director or Technical Director. S/he synchronizes all the operations involved in the successful completion of project tasks.
Key Accountabilities (included but not limited to)
In your role as Program Assistant you will:
- Organizing meetings and taking meeting minutes updating IDeAS leadership meeting and travel schedules informing necessary parties of deadlines and monitoring follow-up actions from meetings liaising with both internal and external partners to ensure coordination and administrative coverage for tasks requiring project leadership attention attending to local and international visitors managing internal and external communication requiring leadership attention working with the communications department to develop and proofread project communication as needed and managing and updating electronic and paper-based project management and document storage tools and systems.
- The Program Assistant will facilitate smooth day-to-day operations of the project Leadership and will ensure administrative and operational efficiency for project activity success under the direction of the Project Director or the Technical Director.
- Diploma or Degree in Public Administration /Business Administration/Public Health/Project Management/ Development Studies or equivalent
- 1 – 3 years relevant experience in a program management environment
- Degree in Public Administration /Business Administration/Public Health/Project Management/ Development Studies or equivalent 1-3
- Experience working in an NGO/health environment an added advantage
Experience & skills
- 2-3 years in general administrative experience.
- Proficiency with business machines, including scanner, fax, printer, photocopier and others
- Strong computer skills in all Microsoft Office applications (specific EXCEL intermediate and Outlook)
- Report Writing Skills
- Exceptional Communication skills with good temperament, including strong written/editing facility
- Experience in planning events such as trainings and meetings
- Ability to anticipate project needs and willingness to assume tasks which may not be reflected in this position description
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Working with donors and colleagues with professionalism, perseverance and a positive attitude
- Professionalism, perseverance, optimism and a positive attitude when working with donors and colleagues.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment requiring prioritization of tasks and simultaneous coordination of multiple streams of work.
Personal qualities & Behavioural competencies
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexible and responsible
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Works with a sense of urgency and speed
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding time management and job prioritization skills
- Collaborative nature of working across different teams
- Ability to effectively prioritise and plan work
- Be solution focused
- Ability to build rapport and credibility with stakeholders
- Ability to identify patterns or connections between situations that are not obviously related, using conceptual or inductive reasoning
- Attention to detail
- Building relationships
- Organizational insight
- Planning and Organising
- Problem Solving
- Client orientation
- Professional presentation
- Results orientated
BroadReach Culture Cornerstones
- We serve a mission greater than ourselves
- We do better everyday
- We are solutions driven not problem focused
- We turn all customers into raving fans