Caritas Zambia - Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia, Lusaka
CCMG through Caritas Zambia is seeking a dynamic and value-driven Manager to help grow its impact and influence, and to provide day-to-day management for CCMG’s governance, policy and electoral reform, peace building and election monitoring programs.
The Christian Churches Monitoring Group (CCMG) is an alliance of four faith-based organisations formed to help promote credible elections through non-partisan citizen monitoring. CCMG’s overall objective is to achieve an inclusive Zambian society that is well informed, actively participates in electoral and governance processes; and is represented by leaders who are genuinely elected according to the free will of the people.
The CCMG partner organizations are: Council of Churches in Zambia (CCZ); Evangelical Fellowship of Zambia (EFZ); Jesuit Centre for Theological Reflections (JCTR); and Zambia Conference of Catholic Bishops (ZCCB), working through Caritas Zambia.
· Coordinate the work of CCMG as head of the CCMG secretariat
· Work with Caritas Zambia management to achieve the objectives of CCMG
· Coordinate CCMG in election and electoral process monitoring projects
· Support the three Church Mother Bodies in the National Dialogue and reconciliation process
· Work under the Caritas Zambia Executive Director to support the CCMG engagement on electoral, constitutional, policy and other legal reforms.
· Collaborate with electoral stakeholders, both government and Civil Society Organisations, for matters concerning electoral process in Zambia
· Ensure regular and timely communications about project implementation to the programme team members
· Ensure an excellent standard in professional presentation when communicating with external partners and funders
· A mature candidate with experience in the electoral process and monitoring of elections
· Must possess high level of integrity and objectivity, including commitment to non-partisanship at all times
· Experienced and knowledgeable in political, economic and social analysis
· Balanced mind and knowledgeable with the church’s social, economic and political engagement.
· Clear understanding of Zambia’s socio-economic and political context
· Clear understanding of Zambia’s electoral process and its legal framework
· Clear understanding of Zambia’s laws, especially the constitution and the current bill of rights
· Excellent communication skills
· Confident trainer/facilitator
· Ability to think innovatively
· Ability to think critically
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Minimum of University Degree in social sciences or related field (Master’s degree will be an added advantage)
· Experience in recruiting and organizing volunteers
· Demonstrated managerial capacity and skills
· Demonstrated ability to conduct and apply sophisticated political analysis to programmatic activities.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft application packages and ICT.
· Excellent communication and writing skills
· Experience managing donor funds and donor reporting, as well as monitoring and evaluation experience