Project Coordinator – Primary Care & Health Systems Strengthening
Centre for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia - Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia, Lusaka
Project Coordinator – Primary Care & Health Systems Strengthening Ref No. PC/PC/02/01/19
Reports to Deputy Director, Primary Care & Health Systems Strengthening. The Coordinator will coordinate, implement, monitor and report on project activities. This position reports to the Deputy Director, Primary Care and Health Systems Strengthening and will require local travel.
- Coordinate and multi-task all project activities, including logistics and planning, developing work plans and budgets; monitoring project progress; tracking financial spending and responsible for monthly reporting of all project activities.
- Develop/revise SOPs and other tools for implementation of project activities
- Aid in the initiation of a new initiative to optimise EPI, including the development of a detailed implementation plan and budget, hiring of key staff, training and mentoring of MOH sub-national EPI health care workers.
- Lead project budget, report and proposal development and writing; assist in relevant MOH report and proposal development and writing.
- Responsible for project coordination, engagement, initiation and monitoring of project activities with health care workers at relevant sub-national levels.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with the MOH and partner staff at all levels, including aiding in the coordination and reporting of relevant activities
- Attend and participate in relevant Government and departmental meetings; maintain high decorum and professionalism for the project and CIDRZ.
- Responsible for financial accountability and reporting; providing a monthly reconciliation to the Deputy Director and the Finance Department.
- Travel within the country as required by CIDRZ vehicle or Public transport.
- Possess and exhibit excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Actively participate in troubleshooting any project issues and problem solving as they arise, and reporting such issues to the Deputy Director.
- Perform any other responsibilities for the successful implementation and functioning of the project as directed by Deputy Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health or any related field.
- Extensive public health coordination experience, with a minimum of three years in a coordinator role, preferably with training/facilitation and change management experience.
- Experience working in a non-profit environment in Maternal Child Health preferred.
- Proficient with work plan and budget development, implementation and monitoring.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including reporting writing.
- Strong command of English language, both verbal and written.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft programmes.