Senior Grants Management Officer
Centre for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia - Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia, Lusaka
Senior Grants Management Officer Ref No. SG/GC/11/11/18
Reports to Grants & Contracts Specialist. The Senior Grants Management Officer is responsible for tracking awards lifespan, reconciliation receivables, monitoring modifications and ensuring updated grant database and record maintenance. This position will mainly focus on servicing internal clients and processes as defined in that Grants Management Manual. He/she will actively work with the Grants Management Specialist in following up departmental tasks and ensuring tasks are tracked, followed up and executed. Supervise the Grants Management Officer, management of a portfolio of awards and provide support in their absence. He/she will be the focal point for coordinating meetings, calls and consolidating departmental “to do lists”.
- Manage a portfolio of awards assigned by ensuring that program staff, partners and sub recipients are served with day to day information in award management.
- Maintain and reconcile award account receivable with Finance department, send reminders for all outstanding invoices and follow up to ensure all outstanding invoices are paid.
- Maintain and reconcile award account payable with Grants Management Officer and ensuring uncollected invoices are followed up and settled.
- Support with reconciliations and maintenance of staff effort report and effort profiling in ESS.
- Ensuring that staff follow grants management policies, directives, standards and procedures.
- Assists in reviewing grantee Notice of Grant Awards (NGAs), Memorandum of Understanding, and Subcontracts to identify and resolve budget, compliance and/or other problems, in cooperation with appropriate program staff, not excluding audit and/or other issues as required;
- Circulates notices for current and closing projects; grant applications in progress/awarded; re-budgeting forms and issues on donor regulations/guidelines as deemed necessary;
- Obtains required closeout information and facilitate grant closeout process with project accountant and grant investigators or project teams;
- Support Grants Management Specialist in proposal budget development/reviews to ensure compliance with budget policy.
- Monitor awards milestones, funding mechanism and reconciliation of bridge funding support.
- Review awards Budget to Actual for all grants portfolio generated by respective Grants Management Officer for discussion in department meetings and following up on award burn rates.
- Coordinate and facilitate the resolution of all Grant and Contract related financial issues between Project Teams and Finance Teams
- Assist Grants Management Specialists in reviewing all procurements request, Air Travel Authorizations and Recruitment requisitions.
- Run award expense lists ensure accuracy and allowability.
- Provide technical support as required to staff and sub recipient
- A Degree in Business Administration/Accountancy or Finance
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with private sector or NGO’s or International Organization with experience that includes documentation and filing
- Strong knowledge and training in USG or any other donor regulations and policies preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Intermediate to Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft office programs, particularly Excel and Word a MUST
- Proficiency in any accounting software will be an added advantage.