Program Assistant Ref
Centre for Infectious Disease Research - Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia, Lusaka
Program Assistant Ref No. PA/PD/14/01/19
Reports to the Program Coordinator. The incumbent will provide administrative and financial support required by the respective teams, act as administrative/logistical liaison between the teams, finance and procurement departments.
- Provides dynamic and proactive administrative support to the Provincial Coordinator, respective program managers, District, Facility and Community Team members.
- Liaises with all team members to coordinate requests of activity funds according to draw down schedule and according to approved budget.
- Processes and submits all expense requests as per the stipulated submission procedures as well as follow up the process proactively.
- Manages accurately office petty cash, prepare receipts and expenditure statements for submission to Finance and ensure timely retirements of activity funds.
- Facilitates procurement and availability of all required office supplies
- Compiles and tracks program expenses and provide regular updates
- Maintains an actives log system on all logistics orders and deliveries
- Maintains a good hard & soft copy filing system on all program correspondence and other documentation.
- Coordinates travel plans of the teams and help to plan/organize travel arrangements accordingly, with good communication of all parties involved
- Coordinates transport routing and drivers in line with CIDRZ transport policies
- Follows-up with other staff on program matters requiring timely decisions and actions
- Manages and organizes program events such as: trainings, meetings, retreats, team building activities, etc.
- Schedules and prepares for meetings and take minutes as requested
- Diploma in Business Administration or relevant equivalent
At least 3 years’ relevant work experience working in an office environment and program support
- Ability to understand and utilize systems (e.g. ERP System)
- Proven competency in MS Office, Internet, MS-PowerPoint and related systems
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural communication skills
- Accurate and attentive to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- A commitment to team work and ability to work individually