Centre for Infectious Disease Research - Location: Zambia, Lusaka
Project Coordinator ZCAP Ref No. AC/ZC/01/02/18
Reports to Principal Investigator. The job holder fosters teamwork and communication among ZCAP study staff and helps the Principal Investigator to ensure the study adheres to protocol and established procedures. H/she effectively supports the Data Coordinator, CETA Supervisors, Peer counsellors who provide CETA and the brief intervention & Research assistants in meeting their objectives and outputs.
- Serves as a key liaison with Lusaka District Health staff, as well as other key governmental and non-governmental stakeholders to ensure that study implementation proceeds as planned.
- Helps identify roadblocks to planned study activities and works at all levels to identify solutions to promote full and timely realization of the study.
- Contributes to the development of abstracts & papers and participate in presentations at national & regional meetings.
- Effectively collaborates with the community and district staff as necessary.
- Oversees day to day project related activities and personnel to help with delegation of tasks, prioritization, and overall responsibility in task completion.
- Maintains approvals and regulatory documents for the study
- Contributes to the development and documentation of standard operating procedures, research tools , and related materials.
- Assists with the data quality control and cleaning.
- Contributes and support the development of monthly, quarterly reports and plans as requested by the donor.
- Liaises with CIDRZ operations units to ensure the study is conducted per internal guidelines.
- Degree in Public Health (MPH) or equivalent (e.g. MSc, MS in a health science)
- Minimum 2 years experience in biomedical or behavioural research
- Familiarity with regulatory procedures in Zambia
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft excel and powerpoint
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Exhibits team spirit and works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve study goals
- Keeps abreast of new developments and actively seeks to contribute to the learning of colleagues and subordinates; shows willingness to learn from others; seeks feedback
- Anticipates and resolves conflicts by pursuing mutually agreeable solutions;
- Comfortable with ambiguity, shifting priorities, and need to juggle competing demands in a fast-paced and challenging work environment.
- Able to manage several major activities simultaneously.
- Project Management
- Human Research Ethics
- Data Analysis
- Presentation Skills
- Communication Skils