Research Operations Officer
Centre for Infectious Disease Research - Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia, Lusaka
Reports to the Head Research Operations. The incumbent will perform forward and back translations for study documents, In coordination with QA/QC Coordinators, develop action plans for corrective measures on a study-by-study basis to ensure compliance with protocol and quality goals and to ensure resolution of identified issues.
- Performs forward and back translations for study documents, including informed consent forms, participant materials, data collection forms, etc.
- Completes final quality check on translated and back-translated documents to ensure accurateness
- Provides translation services for focus group discussions and other transcripts of oral conversations
- Coordinates translation process with various Study Coordinators and Supervisors to ensure priorities and timelines are met.
- Assists the QAQC Coordinator in internal and external monitoring visits as required.
- Reviews study files as needed with an emphasis on case report forms to ensure compliance with study protocols, good clinical practice guidelines, and study-specific procedures and document findings
- Assists with the implementation of QC tools and training of staff
- Provides timely feedback (positive and negative) to study staff regarding forms completion and accuracy
- Assists the responsible QAQC Coordinator track study-specific QC performance indicators and trends and provide feedback to both the QAQC Coordinator and study teams.
- Updates the monitoring spreadsheet for each non-network study and keep it up to date.
- Completes all required study training, including routine Human Subjects Protection and Good Clinical Practices training as required.
- Minimum 3-year Diploma in a Social Science-related field
- At least 1 years’ experience in Research activities including QA/QC and training staff
- At least 2 years’ experience in translations of study-related materials and strong knowledge of commonly used local languages in Lusaka (e.g. Nyanja, Bemba and Tonga)
- Proficient in Microsoft programs.