Chambeshi Water and Sewerage Company Limited, is the water Utility Company based in Northern and Muchinga Provinces of Zambia and in charge of providing Water and Sewerage services to the 12 districts. As a Company, we are the implementing Agency of the National Vision with regard to water and Sanitation in the Urban Towns of Muchinga and Northern Provinces. Our vision is ‘To be the most effectively managed Utility in Zambia’, by focusing on ensuring that our customers are delighted with the quality of our services.
The Company now invites applications from suitably qualified Zambians to fill the following vacancy:
DISTRICT MANAGER (03)
To plan, coordinate and manage operations at the District involved in the provision of quality water and sewerage services, commercial services including customer relations so as to contribute to financial viability and service delivery.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful candidate is expected to do the following duties:
- Plans the daily, weekly and monthly production schedules to ensure supply of quality water and sewerage services at the District.
- Ensures adequate water and sewerage service delivery to customers as per service level guarantee.
- Plans, monitors and controls district operations and water production against set targets.
- Ensures that maintenance and repairs are carried on all plant, machinery and vehicles according to maintenance schedules in order to minimize interruptions to operations.
- Prepares and monitors the District budgets so as to operate within approved parameters.
- Ensures correct metering, billing and revenue collection is carried out as planned in order to achieve or exceed district set targets.
- Supervises, trains, coaches and disciplines subordinates.
- Enhances business in the district by maintaining collection efficiency above 100%
- Maintains good industrial relations with the workers, customers and stakeholders.
- To represent the Company in all stakeholder meetings fora at district level.
- To Prepare and submit required district reports on time.
- Performs any other duties, in line with the job, as assigned by the Supervisor from time to time
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in any Engineering field or a Business related degree with practical experience in an engineering industry or company.
- A minimum of 3 years post qualification experience.
- Member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ) or Field of Qualification.
- Registered with the Engineering Regulatory Board (EngRB)
- In possession of Class C Clean Driver’s license.
- Must be self-motivated, analytical and fluent in English languages both written and oral.
- Applicants must be willing to work in any District where the ChWSC operates.
- Must be computer literate, including internet but proficient in Microsoft Word
- Excel and AutoCard.