Chambeshi Water and Sewerage Company Limited, is the water Utility Company based in Northern and Muchinga Provinces of Zambia and in charge of providing Water and Sewerage services to the 12 districts. As a Company, we are the implementing Agency of the National Vision with regard to water and Sanitation in the Urban Towns of Muchinga and Northern Provinces. Our vision is ‘To be the most effectively managed Utility in Zambia’, by focusing on ensuring that our customers are delighted with the quality of our services.
The Company now invites applications from suitably qualified Zambians to fill the following vacancy:
REGIONAL OPERATIONS MANAGER
To plan, coordinate and monitor at regional/provincial level water production, treatment, distribution, sanitation, engineering and commercial services including customer relations so as to contribute to the financial viability and service delivery whilst complying with legal requirements and ensuring environmental protection.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares and submits the regional activity based budget on time and ensures that expenditure is within the approved budget.
- Ensures production, treatment and distribution of adequate and high quality water, reduction in water losses to acceptable beach make and provision of cost effective sanitary services to the customers in the region/province in order to meet company objectives.
- Ensures correct metering, Billing and Revenue collection is carried out as planned in order to achieve or exceed the regional/provincial targets set.
- Monitors on regular basis the performance of plant, machinery and networks in the region/province and ensures adherence to maintenance schedules by operating districts and also the daily performance of the districts on the commercial side of the business.
- Proposes improvements in the design and deployment of plant and machinery for service improvement in the province/region.
- Monitors adherence to safety, health issues in the Province/Region to ensure safe operating environment for all staff in the province/region by initiating emergency drills and spot audits.
- Reviews quality results obtained for both water and sewerage in the region by the quality assurance officer and takes corrective action where results are above the set limits.
- Provides overall project management for the province/region’s approved CAPEX.
- Programme through specifying engineering studies and designs, supervision of internal project staff as well as contractors to ensure projects are completed with agreed time frames, cost and specifications.
- Provides overall commercial and technical input in all regional/provincial procurements of equipment and services by reviewing purchase requisitions and attendance to tender committee meetings.
- Presents regional/provincial quarterly, half yearly and annual reports to NWASCO the sector regulator and Environmental Council of Zambia on the region’s performance relative to the set sector standards.
- Prepares and presents regional/provincial quarterly commercial and technical reports to the subcommittee of the board and makes presentations to the board on follow up issues as necessary.
- Prepare business proposal for funding
- Provides regional/provincial commercial and technical input in investment funding initiatives commissioned by the region with major Donors, Agencies, etc
- Supervises, Coaches, Motivates, develops and disciplines subordinates and agrees, monitors and reviews performance of subordinates in order to ensure that they work towards meeting their targets.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the Company Hierarchy from time to time.
- Ensure that he/she attends stakeholders meetings at provincial leave
- Ensure that there are minimum critic spares of materials to reduce down time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 (Form V) School Certificate including Math & English.
- Degree in any Engineering field with proved Business Knowledge and practical experience in an engineering industry or Company.
- Member of EIZ or relevant Professional Bodies,
- Minimum of 5 Years practical work experience in a reputable institution.
- MBA will added advantage
- Strategic /Business planning skills
- Highly developed leadership and management skills
- Computer literacy.
- High analytical skills and proven business acumen.
- Must be a registered Engineer with Engineers Registration Board.