Chemonics International Inc - Location: Zambia, Lusaka
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide direct oversight of infrastructure prefabricated works contracts;
- Certify prefabricated works subcontractors’ adherence to established work plans and submit deliverables on time and in accordance with all contract requirements;
- Certify in writing, completed works for purposes of progress payments and final project acceptance;
- Verify that subcontractors obtain and maintain all required permits;
- Conduct field site visits to monitor prefabricated and furnishing projects throughout the duration of prefabricated works;
- Under the guidance of the Lead Engineer, regularly communicate with the designated representative of the MOH in each project location regarding project schedule and sequencing of installation activities. Alert the Lead Engineer immediately to any concerns expressed by the MOH representative regarding the project works;
- Ensure that all necessary subcontractor documentation, including environmental monitoring and mitigation plans, are completed for each project;
- Prepare weekly reports to the Lead Engineer in a format established by GHSC-PSM.
Minimum Education Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil or construction engineering;
- Five (5) years of construction monitoring & management with increasing responsibility required;
- Must be a valid member of Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ);
- Strong skills in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) required;
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively in Zambia, sometimes to remote locations;
- Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions for prolonged periods;
- Good oral communication and writing skills required;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to manage diverse professional relationships is essential;
- Fluency in both written and verbal English is required;
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and with high level of integrity;
- Written and spoken fluency in English required.
- This consultancy should take a maximum of six months (120 working days) to complete all the tasks.