Position: Warehouse Clerk
Reporting To: Operations and Purchasing Manager
Contract Type: Fixed-Term
Location: Lusaka (Kanayam Service Area Center)
Apply By: 21st January 2019
Reporting to Operations and Purchasing Manager, The warehouse Clerk is directly responsible for the activities relating to the proper verification, receipt and accounting for the disbursement made out of the warehouse for Children International Zambia in a proactive and efficient manner at our Kanyama Service Area Centre (KSAC). Your duties & responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- Receive, inspect, accept or reject stock including product donations
- Ensure that rejects are replaced by acceptable goods.
- Ensure that all stock is stored effectively and efficiently.
- Issue stock as per CI Standards and proceedures.
- Be able to account for the stock at all times.
- Perform stock reconcilliations.
- Advise on stock levels as well as re-order to replenish stocks.
- Ensure documentation of all transactions on computer and other relevant files.
- Seek authorization for movement of all Goods in the Warehouse.
- Promote CI purchasing and stores policies through the development of integrity circles.
- Receive instructions and any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Any other duties as maybe assigned by the Supervisor.
- Maintain under strict confidentiality the processes and systems that only pertain to the activities of the Agency. The omission or incorrect use of the information belonging to the Organization will be prosecuted as criminal action and the Agency reserves the right top take legal action against the person who violates this clause.
- Promote equality, fair treatment, respect for human rights and the values of the sponsored children, their families, and co-workers. Avoid nepotism and favoritism.
- All of the above constitute the responsibilities of this position, and do not supercede or eliminate the responsibilities and duties established in C.I.’s manuals as well as new assignments the Regional Director may give in order to improve Agency performance.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Full Grade 12 School Certificate.
- Diploma in purchasing and Supply
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Inventory and Warehouse management
- Member of CIPS/ZIPS and valid practicing license
Technical and Behavioural Competencies
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Computer literate
- Excellent organization skills and ability to delegate;
- Computer Literate;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision