Trucks Part Manager
CJ Smart Cargo Zambia - Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia, Lusaka
Trucks Part Manager
CJ Smart Cargo Zambia Limited is a Transport and Logistics company that provides leading integrated intelligent logistics solutions on a global scale through core business such as marine engineering logistics, EPC engineering logistics, oil and gas chemical logistics, and providing innovative, integrated and intelligent expert logistics services for world-class enterprises. We are seeking to employ a qualified individual to take up the position of Trucks Part Manager to be stationed in Lusaka.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Booking transport sub-contractors and ensuring they deliver within agreed terms.
- Planning routes and load scheduling for multi-drop deliveries
- Organize and Scout for Transporters of trucks within Zambia as need may be
- Directing all transportation activities.
- Developing transportation relationships.
- Monitoring transport costs.
- Negotiating and bargaining transportation prices.
- Resolve Problems arising out of Transportation, I.e. Vehicle Break downs
- Bachelor’s degree in Transport and Logistics or Relevant Field
- 5 – 10 years of working experience in Transport and Logistics or relevant field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a senior Transport/ Logistics field
- Excellent command in English and a plethora of Local languages
- Must Possess tact, diplomacy and calmness, especially when dealing with tired drivers and disgruntled customers.
- An analytic mind and good numeracy skills.
- Excellent geographical knowledge.
- Good people management and coordination skills.
- Excellent financial acumen.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the transportation industry.
- Good intuition to make crucial judgment calls.
- Strong Command of Microsoft Suit of Applications, with a priority of Excel, Word and Outlook
- Familiar with Government Transport regulatory bodies, I.e Road Transport and Safety Agency
- Must Possess a strong network of Truck Transporters within Lusaka, Kitwe and Ndola