CMMB-Zamba - Lusaka, Lusaka
We believe in a world in which every human life is valued, and health and human dignity are shared by all.
We believe that access to quality healthcare is a basic human right. For more than 100 years, we have worked with global partners to deliver locally sustainable, quality healthcare solutions to women, children and their communities. We’re ready to make it 100 more.
We believe change starts with her.
We work tirelessly for women’s and children’s health because they are disproportionately affected by illness and poverty. We know that healthy, educated, and empowered women are better able to raise healthy, educated, and confident children, and that communities depend on their livelihoods. We’re making an impact – learn more.
We believe in people.
We strive to live out our core values of collaboration, love, excellence and respect every day. We provide our employees with a competitive salary and a meaningful benefits package, with opportunities to learn and grow. We especially encourage all persons of diverse backgrounds to apply. Read more from our President & CEO below.
- To manage donations with special focus on receipts, dispatches, inventory management
- Ensure that waybills and other documents are checked immediately the consignment/shipment arrives at the location for accuracy.
- Raise waybills for every consignment or truck carrying commodities to any distribution point and maintain complete accounts of all documents.
- Ensure that all shipment received are sorted out and reconciled with the packing list and the physical count figures.
- Ensure that proper recommended stacking/packing of the commodities is done in a countable manner and provide bin cards.
- Ensure that first-in and first-out (FIFO) delivery system is followed, unless in special circumstance of where shelf – life is considered.
- Ensure that physical counts are done.
- Develop a distribution schedule immediately the allocation plan is approved, plan for action for deliveries and requirements and other necessary areas as required.
- Produce regular reports and statistics on daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Gather stories and write impact stories in relation to received donations
- Interview staff and program participants in relation to medical donations to develop compelling testimonials and stories that can be used in various media and within CMMB
- Maintain an appropriate data storage system of media, photos, and related communication materials related to the donations for onward submission to donors
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
Educational level required: Certificate in CIPs or Stores Management
Technical Training qualifications required: Stores Management, Grade 12 Certificate with passes in Mathematics.
Experience: 1-2 years of experience in stores management. Informative and technical report writing an added advantage
Preferred: Stores Management