Youth Engagement and Communication Intern
Copper Rose Zambia - Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia, Lusaka
Copper Rose Zambia (CRZ) is seeking a full time Youth Engagement and Communications intern who will be responsible for leading the organisation’s outreach to youth and youth-serving institutions, engage youth in project activities, and help youth lead on communications and outreach activities. The intern will develop effective success stories, weekly, bi-weekly and quarterly reports, newsletters, press releases and other written material to meet the various deliverables and communicate our activities to donors, potential partners and followers. Ideal candidates will be energetic, inventive, hard working, social media and web- savvy, and brimming with ideas about creative ways to engage audiences in the organisation’s mission. While assisting with a wide range of projects, the intern will gain hands-on experience and training in many aspects of youth engagement and development, while also gaining a good understanding of a fast paced youth-led nonprofit organisation.
Required Skills & Qualifications
Minimum of a Bachelors degree in journalism, development studies, communication or similar fields. Exceptional candidates with a diploma will be considered.
Experience with youth development work or volunteering
29years and below as at December 2019
- Usage of Social Media Tools (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, etc.) for current and potential CRZ supporters on regular goings on of the organisation.
- Coordination of youth engagement activities and outreach programs.
Responsibilities will include:
- A commitment to work 40 hours per week for six months.
- Assisting staff with promoting events.
- Supervising volunteers
- Processing volunteer applications and updating volunteer records
- Assisting staff with tracking, formatting and archiving reviews and other media.• Maintaining and updating the CRZ’s social media sites.
- Assisting in the production of advertisements, press releases, and promotional materials.• Assisting with mailings to media, partners, and other contacts.
Qualified candidates will be/have:
- A commitment to the mission and values of CRZ.
- Passion for effective communication and utilising various tools to deliver messaging
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented individuals with superior written, verbal and organisational skills.
- Excellent computer skills with experience in Social Media & Microsoft office
- The ability to work independently and with others – especially volunteers, donors, and vendors.
- Dependability, flexibility, and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- The ability to work well under pressure and with deadlines.
Copper Rose Zambia offers ongoing internships designed to expose qualified applicants to Communications (marketing, events, and development work) youth engagement and other aspects of the nonprofit sector. The internships are intended for those who are serious about pursuing their chosen path in communications, development and/or the nonprofit field. The acceptance process will be highly selective.
Benefits of an internship at CRZ include a great hands-on learning experience at a well- established nonprofit organisation, exposure to a sexual and reproductive health, and the ability to network with a wide variety of individuals.
Internships are generally scheduled during CRZ’s operating hours (8 AM through 5 PM, Monday to Friday), but a few activities may be held on weekends.
Copper Rose Zambia is a Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, national origin, ethnic, background, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.