Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture - Chipata, Eastern
Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA) is an international agricultural development organization, with headquarters offces in Washington DC, specializing in designing and implementing sustainable, market-led agricultural initiatives. CNFA builds strong local and global partnerships, incorporates innovative approaches into programs, and fosters inclusive development to offer enhanced opportunities to under-served groups. Since 1985, CNFA has managed over $580 million in donor-funded agriculture development programs and worked in 43 countries across the world in Africa, Eastern Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean, the Middle East, and South and Central Asia.
CNFA has worked in Southern Africa since 2002 and has completed various programs in the areas of agriculture input supply, rural marketing systems, soil fertility, agriculture finance, extension and organization development in Malawi, Mozambique, Zimbabwe and Angola.
CNFA has been an implementer of the Farmer-to- Farmer (F2F) Program in Malawi, Mozambique and
Angola since 2008, with funding from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), The primary goal of the F2F program is to generate rapid, sustained economic growth in the
agricultural sector. This is accomplished through technical assistance provided by short-term volunteer consultants from the United States- many with decades of agribusiness experience, and highly
trained local staff.
In the next iteration of F2F (2018-2023), CN FA will build on the successes of current projects in Malawi
and Mozambique and expand programming to Zambia and Zimbabwe. CNFA will focus on the horticulture and legumes value chains in all four core countries, with the third country project in
Zambia being aquaculture.
CNFA now invites suitably qualified persons to fill the following positions, to be based in Chipata, Zambia:
Position Summary: The Driver will assist the F2F Zambia team with transport responsibilities.
Specific duties and Responsibilities
- Driving company staff and F2F volunteers to where they are required to go as required by the country director
- Ensure that vehicles are always kept perfect and clean by washing both the inside and outside parts of the vehicle
- Carry out routine checks on vehicles and ensure they are sound
- Recognize electrical and mechanical faults and report to the country director
- Deliver important documents to required destinations.
- Ensure that all deliveries have been signed and delivered to the correct recipient.
- Ensure efficient use of organisation fuel/resources.
- Responsible for picking up and dropping off guests to/from airport and transporting them to their destinations within and out of town as assigned.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Minimum grade 12 certificate
- At least 3 years proven working experience as a Driver
- Valid professional driver’s license class CE
- Ability to work during weekends and some holidays
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Good driving record with no traffic violations
- Good spoken and written English