Dangote Cement Zambia Limited
Senior chief Chiwala’s Area, Masaiti District, Ndola Zambia.
The Dangote Group is one of Africa’s leading conglomerates producing diversified products. Dangote Cement, a subsidiary of the Dangote Group, is the leading producer of cement in Zambia with a modern advanced integrated cement plant in Ndola, on the Copperbelt.
Dangote Cement requires action oriented, high performing and dedicated professional in the following discipline:
1. HEAD OF STORES
- Oversee the day-to-day running of stores to ensure access to necessary materials and supplies.
- To manage both inward and outward stock movement whilst maintaining accuracy and integrity of the store/s inventory records under your direction including all associated documentation and record keeping for accounting purposes.
- To manage (under delegated authority) other stores employees within the department.
- To develop and maintain a professional relationship with third party carriers, courier companies, and freight forwarders ensuring our brands reputation and values are portrayed.
- Where an offsite is utilised ensure all stock records are kept up-to-date maintaining accuracy and that any interaction required with offsite personnel or management is conducted in a professional manner.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Oversee all materials receipts, processing, fulfilment, movement pick-up, monitoring and dispatch at the plant.
- Approve all stock receipts (to) and dispatch (from) assigned plant.
- Plan, direct and evaluate efficiency of all depot inventory planning and control activities.
- Assume responsibility for efficient management of depot resources such as vehicles, equipment, etc.
- Ensure store is optimally utilised by constantly reviewing layout, space utilisation and material flow to identify improvement areas.
- Ensure daily records of stores transactions are uploaded onto the system on a regular basis.
- Organise regular/periodic stock count exercises and ensure discrepancies are resolved on a timely basis.
- Investigate incidences of damaged/missing stock in the depot and escalate to Deputy Plant Director (Operations & Maintenance) where necessary.
- Ensure all faulty credit stock is returned to supplier in a timely manner.
- Maintain the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements.
- Take adequate steps, including leveraging of existing relationships to ensure timely resolution of depot-related issues and challenges.
- Implement approved HSE policies and procedures for stores safety.
- Ensure continuous review and assessment of the effectiveness and efficiency of stores management policies, procedures and processes, identify improvement opportunities and make recommendations to the Deputy Plant Director (Operations & Maintenance).
- Develop periodic performance reports for review and decision making by the Deputy Plant Director (Operations & Maintenance).
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Deputy Plant Director (Operations & Maintenance).
- Receipt stock in accordance with our policies and procedures.
Education and Work Experience
- Full Grade Twelve Certificate with credits or better in English and Mathematics.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in any discipline.
- Minimum of eight (8) years relevant experience in a senior position in stores, experience in the manufacturing industry is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suits and SAP Applications.
- In-depth understanding of the cement manufacturing industry trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations, legislation etc.
- Experience in using and implementing inventory systems.
- Very good knowledge of inventory planning and management principles and techniques.
- Good understanding of the distribution and logistics network in Zambia and assigned region.
- In-depth knowledge of local approved HSE policies.
- Working knowledge of ERP or other planning applications
- Proven supervisory skills.
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
Candidates meeting the above requirements should send their applications to: