Manager Mechanical Maintenance – Workshop
Dangote Cement Zambia Ltd - Location: Ndola, Copperbelt Province, Zambia, Copperbelt
Dangote Industries zambia Limited
Senior chief Chiwala’s Area, Masaiti District, Ndola Zambia.
The Dangote Group is one of Africa’s leading conglomerates producing diversified products. Dangote Cement, a subsidiary of the Dangote Group, is the leading producer of cement in Zambia with a modern advanced integrated cement plant in Ndola, on the Copperbelt.
Dangote Cement requires action oriented, high performing and dedicated professional in the following disciplines:
1. Manager – Mechanical maintenance – Workshop
- Promotes the maintenance management system, ensuring application of maintenance procedures, method and best practices.
- Maintain adequate spares thorough SAP, coinciding to the budget.
- Ensure planning and scheduling of maintenance operations, looking for the optimum use of resources, equipment availability and maintenance cost.
- Though the reliability committee, drive cross functionality analysis of incidents and maintenance performance, implementing the action plans to improve both reliability and maintenance practices.
- Assist the general manager to prepare the maintenance budget and performance monthly gap analysis (Actual vs Budget).
Key duties and responsibilities
- Ensure good working conditions and safety for maintenance operations.
- Ensure adequate spares intended in time, refurbishing the spares and their availability always for maintenance.
- With the assistance of the mechanical/ electrical execution departments, schedule and prepare weekly mechanical maintenance programs in the workshop.
- With assistance of the general manager schedule and prepare major shutdowns ensuring co-ordination with other departments.
- Look for the best optimization of maintenance operations according to the availability of equipment and workforce.
- Maintain and update the preventive maintenance program and its master plan (especially inspection and lubrication programs), ensuring quality and relevance as well as implementation.
- Ensure the utilization of feedback from inspection as the driver for maintenance operations.
- Collect and handle all the work requests and check for accuracy of technical information. Manage maintenance backlog.
- Ensure quality of technical specifications for spares and sub-contracted work, Collect and handle all work request and check for accuracy of technical information. Manage maintenance backlog.
- Keep library updated and ensure equipment documentation in permanently updated “as built”.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suits.
- Assist the General manager with the preparation of the budget (on-going and major operations) ensuring technical justification for maintenance major operations.
- Perform monthly GAP analysis of maintenance budget and performance indicators.
- Analyze and propose solutions on recurring problems of equipment reliability or problems concerning safety and work conditions, within the framework of the reliability committee.
- Ensure that the maintenance practices comply with the quality insurance standards.
- Contribute to the development of working methods and definitions of procedures and ensure their implementation.
- Develop and ensure the utilization of the computerized maintenance management system.
- Participate in the 3year investment plan.
- Manage his team, define the missions and objectives, carry out their performance reviews, promote the quality of the work, motivate his personal and facilitate communication and relationships (regular department meetings, report to the hierarchy).
- Ensure the permanent update of the personal skills, develop and implement a training plan for his team.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the head, mechanical maintenance from time to time.
Education and Work Experience
- Full Grade Twelve Certificate with credits or better in English and Mathematics.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its Equivalent in Mechanical Engineering/Relevant Discipline.
- Minimum of Ten (10) year’s experience in repairs and maintenance of cement manufacturing equipment.
- Proficiency in the use of SAP – PM Module.
- RCA techniques and lubrication management.
- Excellent knowledge of safety standards as required by laws and regulations.
- In-depth knowledge of preventative maintenance practices, workshop activities.
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
Candidates meeting the above requirements should send their applications to: