Senior Product Engineer
Dangote Cement Zambia - Location: Ndola, Copperbelt Province, Zambia, Copperbelt
Dangote Industries zambia Limited
Senior chief Chiwala’s Area, Masaiti District, Ndola Zambia.
The Dangote Group is one of Africa’s leading conglomerates producing diversified products. Dangote Cement, a subsidiary of the Dangote Group, is the leading producer of cement in Zambia with a modern advanced integrated cement plant in Ndola, on the Copperbelt.
Dangote Cement requires action oriented, high performing and dedicated professional in the following disciplines:
1) Senior Product Engineer
The purpose of this position is to Coordinate samples analysis using physical tests, document and report on test outcomes and ensure appropriate maintenance of equipment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and carry out physical analysis on raw meal, clinker and cement samples using standard testing procedures in line with Zambian standards test procedure.
- Ensure results are accurately interpreted and relevant actions are taken where necessary.
- Maintain accurate and up-date records /database for all sample analysis and interpretation.
- Identify and rectify deviations from target quality standards promptly and inform the HOD of the actions taken.
- Manage inventory of chemicals and laboratory items including glassware in the laboratory stores and request for new supplies where necessary.
- Provide and maintain a safe work environment by participating in safety programmes and by conducting laboratory safety audits.
- Assist in the maintenance of ISO quality management systems in the unit.
- Prepare periodic physical test analysis and activity reports.
- Maintain high standards of hygiene and cleanliness in the physical laboratory at all times.
- Ensure physical laboratory equipment are properly calibrated as scheduled.
- Maintain laboratory and relevant equipment in good working condition.
- Provide adequate supervision to assigned lab technicians.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the HOD.
Education and Work Experience
- Full Grade Twelve Certificate with credits or better in English and Mathematics.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Its Equivalent in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering or Relevant Discipline.
- More Than 10 years working Experience holding a senior position in the cement Industry.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suits.
- Good knowledge of quality control methods and instruments.
- Good knowledge of quality audit/ testing processes for cement.
- Good knowledge of the cement production process.
- Good knowledge of ISO quality management systems.
- In-depth knowledge of analytical chemistry and quantitative analysis.
- Good relationship management skills.
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function