DAPP - Location: Ndola, Copperbelt Province, Zambia, Copperbelt
Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) is a nationally registered NGO working with development projects within the field of education, health, agriculture and other poverty alleviation programmes. Projects are carried out in all the provinces of Zambia reaching over 1 million people. Key funding partners include the Government of Zambia, national and international development organisations (USAID, EU, Global Fund, WFP and more) as well as private sector organisations.
DAPP invites interested and qualified persons to apply for the positions below, which are tenable in Eastern province under the Total Control of the Epidemic (TCE) project, in collaboration with the Eastern Province Health Office.
- Certificate in Accountancy
- Knowledge of the Pastel Accounting, or similar financial accounting package
- Membership of the Zambia Institute of Certified Accountants (ZICA)
- One year post qualification experience
Duties and essential job functions for Accounts Clerk
- Review and ensure prompt retirement of receipts from the projects and send to the Project Accountant
- Alert the Project Accountant of any challenges from, or with the Project
- Ensure that all relevant information entered, or correspondence with the donor partners is maintained on a respective file for the respective donor
- Ensure that monthly reports are reviewed for data quality; and work directly and promptly with the Project leaders to correct any inaccuracies.
- Analyse and balance/creditors balances on the Cash Book and make sure it is signed out by the Project Leader and send copies to the Project Accountant
- Prepare receipts, ensuring that they reconcile with the revenue and system reports, reviewing supporting documentation, that is, ensuring that funds received from the partners have been receipted
- Process and review receipts and travel expense reports related to the Project
- Work on other Projects as assigned in order to broaden scope and appreciation of what, and how other projects are undertaken
- Provide year-end support of external auditors requirements, which may include vouching and reconcilement
- Manage petty cash
- Maintaining monthly, weekly and daily report of transactionsa