Communications and Promotions Officer
DAPP Zambia - Location: Zambia, Central
Development Aid from People to People (DAPP), is a locally registered NGO engaged in development projects, in all the provinces of Zambia, in the fields of education, health, agriculture and other poverty alleviation programmes. DAPP seeks to employ a Communications and Promotions Officer at its Zambia Family Project. The position is tenable in Kabwe.
To ensure consistency in activities related to promotion and communication with the DAPP/ZAMFAM SC project and to ensure compliance with all organisational communication programmes and policies.
Reports to the Chief of Party at Project Level and/or their proxy and the Communications Officer at National Level
Duties and Essential Job Functions
Degree/Diploma or equivalent in Journalism or Mass Communications; or an equivalent combination of relevant education and working experience.
Preferred qualities and skills
- Ability to identify and communicate relevant information to target audience in a professional manner.
- Excellent writing and reporting skills in English, with ability to communicate credibly, clearly and effectively.
- Proven skills and experience across multiple channels of promotion and communication.
- Proven abilities in writing press releases, speeches and strong written editing and proof reading skills.
- Strong script writing skills for both TV/Film and radio productions.
- Strong understanding of both the operations of the media and its audiences in Zambia and globally.
- Experience in design and print production, events management, market research and community surveying.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated high level of computer skills including MS Office suite with emphasis on publisher and power point, social media platforms, digital communication, film/video production and website editing and enhancement.
- Demonstrated ability to tell compelling stories for social media, website, TV and radio productions.
- Ability to take appealing photographic materials for various project uses.
- Ability to develop work plans and budgets of planned activities when required to.
- Sober minded, interactive and ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and as well as being an integral part of a team environment
Minimum of two years for degree and 5 years for diploma holders experience in media and/or communications and public relations or similar position.