USAID/Zambia Education Data Activity
In support of the USAID/Zambia Education Data Activity, Dev Tech Systems, Inc. seeks to immediately recruit qualified candidates who are motivated and results oriented to fill the positions of Early Grade Reading Assessment (EGRA) Quality Control Officers (QCOs) and Assessors. EGRA for Grade 2 learners will be carried out and data will be collcctcd from head teachers and teachers. The work environment is field based.
Who: Quality Control Officers (QCOs) and Assessors
When: October-November 20 1 8
Duration of appointment: 26 working days
Where: The number of QCOs and Assessors required per province are shown below: Southern (LANGUAGE TEAMS – Chitonga # QCOs 10 # ASSESSORS 22) Eastern (LANGUAGE TEAMS – Cinyanja # QCOs 6# ASSESSORS 20) Muchinga (LANGUAGE TEAMS – Icibemba # QCOs 6 # ASSESSORS 12) Northwestern (LANGUAGE TEAMS – Kiikaonde # QCOs 6 # ASSESSORS 12) Northwestern (LANGUAGE TEAMS – Lunda # QCOs 6 # ASSESSORS 12) Northwestern (LANGUAGE TEAMS – Luvale # QCOs 6 # ASSESSORS 12) Western (LANGUAGE TEAMS – Silozi # QCOs 6 # ASSESSORS 22)
TOTAL: # QCOs 56 # ASSESSORS 112
QCOs: To provide quality control of the data collected by Assessors during the EGRA data collection exercise.
- Undergraduate degree in areas such as Primary Education or development studies.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in data quality management and/or assessment.
- Demonstrated experience related to education, literacy and/or EGRA in Zambia.
Assessors: To assess grade 2 learners in reading.
- Minimum of a Diploma in Development Studies or Education. Undergraduate degree will be an added advantage.
- Only open to Zambian citizens
- Ability to read and speak at least one local language of the assessment: Cinyanja, Chitonga, Icibemba, Kiikaonde, Lunda and Luvale.
- Proficiency using a computer or hand-held device (tablet).
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Ready to work in the field and in some hard to reach locations.