Exciting Career Opportunity
Ecobank Zambia is a full service bank providing a broad range of products and Services to Consumer, Commercial and Corporate business segments within its 7 branches.
The bank’s vision is to build a world-class Pan-African bank and contribute to the economic development and financial integration of Africa by providing customers with convenient, accessible and reliable financial products and services. The bank is an affiliate of the Pan-Africa Leader Ecobank Group which is present in 33 Countries in Africa.
In order to respond to our growing market with the required human capital, we are currently looking for an experienced professional in the following area:
HEAD TREASURY OPERATIONS
Job Title: Head Treasury Operations
1. PRIMARY PURPOSE:
To ensure that transactions for Treasury Operations are processed effectively and efficiently
2. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Strategy implementation – to implement departmental strategy in line with the overall strategy for the affiliate.
- To manage the processing of transactions for Treasury Operations as per procedures manual and processing controls (e.g. Treasury Foreign Exchange and Money Market deals)
- To manage the safe keeping of money market securities and related reconciliations as per the procedures manual and processing controls.
- Bank reconciliations – to manage the reconciliations of nostro accounts, suspense accounts and all other internal accounts for the department as per procedures manuals and processing controls
- Authorized signatory – to authorize SWIFT, Cheques, letters and other documents as an authorized signatory of the Bank.
- To review processes and procedures manuals for the department and making recommendations for improvements.
- Operational system – To manage the development and daily utilization of processing systems for the department.
- Performance management – To effectively allocate and manage performance of human resources in the department
- Staff development – To effectively develop staff in the department and ensure that there is adequate cover for all roles in the department
3. JOB CONTEXT:
The job involves managing the processing of transactions (e g Foreign Exchange and Money market deals) in Treasury Operations Department within the affiliate and ensuring that all transactions comply to approved procedures manuals and meet processing deadlines. It also involves development and performance management of staff within the Department.
4. SPECIALISED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE:
- A degree in banking or its equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as Supervisor in Treasury Operations.
- Good people management skills
- Computer literate – ability to use basic office programs (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Proven leadership, organization and mentoring skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Dynamic, result oriented problem solver.
- Strong commitment to team environment dynamics with the ability to contribute expertise and follow leadership directives at appropriate times.
- Confident, articulate, with professional speaking abilities.