Assistant Accountant (Financial Accounting)
Electoral Commission of Zambia - Lusaka, Lusaka
The Electoral Commission of Zambia seeks to recruit qualified and experienced Zambian nationals to fill the following vacancies:
ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT (FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING)
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide support to the Accountant by helping to prepare financial statements, accounts, budgets, processing invoices and preparing VAT returns.
This position will be reporting to the Accountant (Financial Accounting)
- Reconciles ledger accounts in the SAP FICO Accounting System in a timely manner and on regular basis.
- Daily processing oftransactions in SAP FICO Accounting system
- Review ledger inputs from theAccounts Assistants and prepare accurate Bank Reconciliation Statements for all Commission bank Accounts on a monthly basis
- Check all prepared payment vouchers and backing sheets to ensure accuracy in coding and numbering
- Prepare Elections imprest disbursements to various districts and ensure accurate entries in the Accounting system
- Checks daily Cash Bank deposits
- Processes payments and invoices accurately and within expected time periods.
- Verifies financial inputs in the SAP FICO Accounting System, ledgers and accounts and makes corrections where appropriate.
- Ensures that Commission inventories and fixed assets are accurate and up to date in the SAP FICO Accounting System.
- Maintains records ofall creditors forthe Commission.
- Assists in compiling payroll inputs and maintains staffdebtors’ records.
- Ensures that routine accounting operations relating to receipts and payments in the SAP Financials Module are performed accurately, on a timely basis and in conformance with Commission financial management policy and practice.
- Keeps abreast of developments in area of speciality and adhere to the ethics code of the profession.
Performs any other related duties that the supervisor may reasonably request form time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Full grade 12 Certificate or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy or equivalent with full Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA) or Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA).
- Not less than three (3) years post qualifying relevant experience.
- Membership to a professional body
- Proficient in and with proven hands-on experience with SAP Financials, and not less than 2 years’ experience working in a SAP ERP environment.
- Certification in SAP Financial is an added advantage.
In addition to the above, candidates for all the positions must also have the following personal attributes and skills:
- Honest and reliable with high moral strength.
- Innovative and proactive.
- High degree of attention to detail.
- High degree of integrity.
- Tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Good inter-personal and communication skills.
- Analytical and organizational skills.
- Good report writing and oral presentation skills.