Assistant Accountant (Management Accountant)
Electoral Commission of Zambia - Lusaka, Lusaka
The Electoral Commission of Zambia seeks to recruit qualified and experienced Zambian nationals to fill the following vacancies:
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide support to the Accountant by helping in preparation of inputs for Management accounts and budgets.
This position will be reporting to the Accountant (Management Accounting)
- Collects bank balances and updates theAccountanton a daily basis.
- Prepares bank reconciliation statements
- Maintains records for cash floats and ensures the safe custody of cash and accountable documents.
- Maintains the staff imprest register and makes timely follows up on imprest retirement
- Compiles and updates creditors records on a regular basis
- Regular processing ofinputs in SAP ERP CO module
- Reconciles inputs in the SAP ERP CO module in a timely manner and on regular basis.
- Assists in compiling payroll inputs and maintains staff debtors’ records.
- Processes all staff related payments and claims accurately and within expected time periods.
- Assists in preparation, review and submission of required Commission SAP ERP/I FM IS interface reports on a regular basis.
- Preparation of VAT schedules and retums and submit to ZRA on a monthly basis
- Ensures that routine accounting operations relating to staff debtors in the SAP Financials Module are performed accurately, on a timely basis and in conformance with Commission financial management policy and practice.
- Keeps abreast of developments in area of speciality and adhere to the ethics code of the profession.
- Performs any other related duties that the supervisor may reasonably request form time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Full grade 12 Certificate or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy or equivalent with Part-qualified
- Chartered Accountant (CA Zambia), part qualified Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA) or part qualified Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) or equivalent.
- Not less than three (3) years post qualifying relevant experience.
- Membership to a professional body
- Proficient in and with proven hands-on experience with SAPFICO, and not less than 2 years’ experience working in a SAPERP environment.
- Certification in SAPFICO is an added advantage.