Epiroc Zambia Limited - Lusaka, Lusaka
- The job of an automation engineer involves implementing, maintaining, troubleshooting and testing automated processes on Epiroc Equipment and projects. Followed by creating detailed documentation for the fully functional projects.
- A successful candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, automation or electrical engineering and/or have minimum 3+ years’ experience in industries such as field service, mining, operations on Epiroc Equipment with skills in RCS systems.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Solid understanding of a software development and computer programming,
- Highly organized and creative, possess engineering leadership, strong research skills.
- Excellent written and communication skills and proficiency in hardware and software development and troubleshooting.
Specific work elements
- Troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of RCS Systems on both Underground, Surface and Blast hole equipment
- Implementing digital improvement projects through Certiq and Mobiliaris
- Keeping up to date with latest developments in Automation technology and using these studies in improving productivity and promoting cost effectiveness.
- Keeping track of engineering changes and updating necessary documents.