Assistant Accountant – Debt Collection
Evelyn Hone College Management Board - Lusaka, Lusaka
Evelyn Hone College of Applied Arts and Commerce is the largest Technical Education and Vocational Training (TEVET) Institutions under the Ministry of Higher Education. Since its inception in 1963, the institution continues to offer world class training in Business Studies, Health Sciences and Applied Arts, among others a University College of Technology.
As part of its transformation process into an Institute of Technology, the institution is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the under listed position:
ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT – DEBT COLLECTION
The debt collector is responsible for locating, contacting and even visiting consumersor other businesses for the purpose of collecting funds that are owed to College.
- Ensure that all students are fully paid up and that all students owing fees are duly followed up for settlement of the same fees
- Keep track of assigned accounts to identify outstanding debts
- Plan course of action to recover outstanding payments
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies and handle questions or complaints
- Contacts debtors via telephone, email, and personal visits and alerts superiors of debtors unwilling or unable to pay when necessary
- Comply with requirements when legal action is unavoidable.
- Updates debtor records when new information is made available or when the debtor makes a payment on his or her account
- Prepares regular debtor statements for email or postal mail.
- Prepare and present debtors reports on quarterly basis to Management
- Must have a sound understanding of information gathering techniques
- Must exhibit good interpersonal skills and be able react professionally to debtors.
- Must be able to manage multiple accounts for delinquency and debt collection efforts and also be able to investigate and resolve complaints regarding incorrect debt collection attempts
- Must have demonstrable skills in negotiating and resolving conflicts
- Ability to speak persuasively and listen critically
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines Experience in working with targets and tight deadlines
- Full Form 5/ Grade 12 Certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree in accountancy/ClMA/ACCA and/or equivalent
- 2 years working experience in a similar capacity