Exponent Technologies Limited - Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia, Lusaka
We are seeking a new Graphics Designer who can take direction from written or spoken ideas and convert them seamlessly into images, layouts and other designs to join our team. The successful candidate should be a self-starter and have an intimate understanding of how marketing campaigns work, especially in the retail sector, to support our clients. We work in a fast-paced environment, so the ideal Graphics Designer will be able to hit the ground running as soon as we bring on a new client or project. Applicants with experience leading creative teams and designing with other professionals will be given prime consideration.
- Planning concepts by studying relevant information and materials.
- Illustrating concepts by designing examples of art arrangement, size, type size and style and submitting them for approval.
- Preparing finished art by operating necessary equipment and software.
- Coordinating with outside agencies, art services, web designers, marketing, printers, and colleagues as necessary.
- Contributing to team efforts by accomplishing tasks as needed.
- Consult with clients’ marketing, copywriting and sales teams to create cohesive designs that reflect our clients’ corporate cultures and goals
- Creating a wide range of graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and websites with software.
- Reviewing final layouts and suggesting improvements when necessary.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphics Design, Marketing or related discipline.
- Extensive experience with Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign, specifically with mockups, web design and multimedia presentation.
- 4+ years in professional commercial design, preferably with a marketing or creative agency.
- Experience with computer-aided design.
- Adaptive design eye and skill.
- Excellent communication skills..
- Ability to absorb and apply constructive criticism from peers and clients.