PABX Field Technician
Exponent Technologies Limited - Lusaka, Lusaka
Exponent Technologies Limited is seeking to hire PABX Field Technicians responsible for installing, maintaining, troubleshooting and programming of PABX Systems and their associated applications such as Voicemail, Call-Center and and various 3rd party applications, etc.
- Diploma in Electronics/Telecoms Engineering or related field.
- CCNA (or CCNP as an advantage)
- 3-5 years hands on experience in installation, programming and repair of PABX Systems.
- Hands on experience with Wired and Wireless networking.
- Ability to work independently and proactively determining areas requiring additional attention, monitoring, or maintenance.
- Competence in all basic office and remote monitoring programs, such as Word, Excel, Teamviewer, etc.
- Clean and valid Drivers license.
- Configuring, troubleshooting and maintaining networking environments including Ethernet, TCP/IP, VLANs, & DHCP.
- Planning network installations by studying customer orders, plans, manuals, and technical specifications.
- Assessment of installation sites and preparation of installation diagrams.
- Establishing voice and data networks by running, pulling, terminating, and splicing cables.
- Installing telecommunications equipment, routers, switches, multiplexers, and cable trays.
- Executing duties as assigned by the Operations Manager.
This position encompasses a broad scope and will expose individuals to a variety of I.T. and software solutions. Successful candidates must have exposure to a wide range of enterprise I.T. solutions.