Pharmacy Technician x1
Family Legacy - Lusaka, Lusaka
Suitably qualified individuals are invited to apply for the following position:
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN X1
Family Legacy Missions Zambia is a Non-Governmental Organisation based in Lusaka, Zambia. The organization supports orphaned and vulnerable children in Zambia through education sponsorship programmes and accommodation facilities.
The pharmacy technician will work with the Hill Wellness Center team in providing pharmaceutical services to all patients. He or she will provide a high standard of pharmaceutical service that consistently meets the needs of all services within the clinic while complying with all legal requirements. They will work collaboratively with healthcare professionals to enhance patient safety and ensure that all medicines are handled in a safe and effective management.
- Documents appropriately.
- Maintaining records of controlled substances.
- Removing expired and damaged drugs from pharmacy inventory and overseeing proper disposal.
- Maintaining current registration.
- Advising management on needed action.
Skills and Competencies
- Possess good organizational and planning skills.
- Good project execution skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess good problem-solving abilities.
- Possess and be willing to display a positive attitude and willingness to be a positive agent for change.
- Possess the ability to adapt easily to changing conditions and work responsibilities; be flexible.
- Be able to communicate effectively, clearly, and concisely with others (internal and external customers, both verbally and in writing), and consistently demonstrate a positive/proactive service attitude.
- Consistently maintain ethical behaviors exemplary of quality public service and fair standards, inclusively, and among all employees and members of the public.
- Demonstrate commitment to Family Legacy mission, vision, and values.
- Must possess a diploma in pharmaceutical studies degree will be an added advantage.
- Have 1 year of experience in a clinical pharmacy.
- Possess Zambian licensure as a pharmacy technician.
- Possess the ability to work flexible and extended hours and travel as needed.
- Have the ability to interact effectively and professionally with persons from diverse cultural, socioeconomic, education, racial, ethnic and professional backgrounds.
- Possess a strong desire to make a positive impact in the lives of others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.