Director, Finance and Operations
FHI 360 - Lusaka, Lusaka
Title: Director, Finance and Operations
Supervisor – Chief of Party
Location – Lusaka
FHI 360 seeks a Director, Finance and Operations for an anticipated USAID Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health and Nutrition (RMNCAH&N) Continuum of Care (CoC) Program. USAID Zambia supports the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ) and their Ministry of Health (MOH) to improve the health of mothers and children through strengthened capacity to engage the communities for health, to deliver quality Services, and strengthening systems at national and subnational levels. The activity will provide technical assistance to the government led RMNCAH&N Continuum of Care (CoC) Program (hereafter referred to as “CoC Program”). It is a program that aims to provide quality health services as close to the community as possible through implementation of high impact interventions that save lives. USAID will support the MOH CoC Activity Program in four provinces of Zambia (Luapula, Muchinga, Southern and Eastern) through this CoC Activity and the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) Grant (hereafter referred to as the (“Sida Grant”) that provides funding to the MOH CoC Program.
The position will be responsible for overall financial management of the USAID Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health and Nutrition (RMNCAH&N) Continuum of Care Technical Assistance Activity and administration of the contract and will provide management support and oversight in the implementation of program activities. The position will also provide technical oversight to several key administrative support services to include finance, human resources, information technology, grants management, and procurement. Specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Oversees, manages, prepares, administers and directs the control of the budget. Manages the activities of the finance and accounting staff.
- Reviews and approves recommendations for financial planning and control, providing relevant fiscal information to executive management team.
- Develops and manages internal financial audits. Develops formal reporting system to communicate results of audit activities to management and regulatory compliance agencies and provides leadership and technical guidance for compliance.
- Leads corporate or program finance/accounting function to achieve organizational strategic and operational goals.
- Provides oversight with strategic direction, process improvement plans, financial reporting, budgetary planning and procedures, audit reviews and financial controls.
- Approves credit and billing terms for contracts and manages financial systems used for reporting revenue and taxes in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Identifies and provides solutions to executive level management on financial matters to make better business decisions.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to ensure compliance and efficiency with government regulations.
- Guides managers and staff to achieve strategic and operational goals for the department and organization.
- Approves procurement requests and manages financial tools used for reporting program expenditures in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Develops and manages internal financial reviews with country offices and implements corrective action plans.
- Develops tailored training plans applicable to the needs of the organization and communicate results of internal review activities to management and regulatory compliance agencies.
Minimum requirements for this position are:
- A master’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting, other relevant field, or a bachelor’s or certified accounting degree with 10 years or more of experience;
- A minimum of eight years of experience in administrative and financial management of large scale, complex, international development assistance programs;
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and /or experiences in accounting, financial planning and management, and procurement, among other management support areas/functions, as required;
- Demonstrated supervisory experience;
- Demonstrated experience and skills in developing and managing budgets with an annual value of over $ 10 million;
- Extensive experience in developing and managing a donor –funded grants program.
- Grant and Contract Management experience is a must
Availability of position is contingent upon funding and approval of key personnel.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can apply through FHI 360 career at https://www.fhi360.org/careers
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.