Director, Monitoring and Evaluation
FHI 360 - Lusaka, Lusaka
Title: Director, Monitoring and Evaluation
Supervisor: Chief of Party
FHI 360 seeks a Director, Monitoring and Evaluation for an anticipated USAID Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health and Nutrition (RMNCAH&N) Continuum of Care (CoC) Program. USAID Zambia supports the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ) and their Ministry of Health (MOH) to improve the health of mothers and children through strengthened capacity to engage the communities for health, to deliver quality Services, and strengthening systems at national and subnational levels. The activity will provide technical assistance to the government led RMNCAH&N Continuum of Care (CoC) Program (hereafter refereed to as “CoC Program”). It is a program that aims to provide quality health services as close to the community as possible through implementation of high impact interventions that save lives. USAID will support the MOH CoC Activity Program in four provinces of Zambia (Luapula, Muchinga,Southern and Eastern) through this CoC Activity and the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) Grant (herafter referred to as the (“Sida Grant”) that provides funding to the MOH CoC Program.
The Director, Monitoring, Evaluation, will be in charge of the monitoring, evaluation and research components of the USAID Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health and Nutrition (RMNCAH&N) Continuum of Care Technical Assistance Activity of the contract. S/he will develop monitoring, evaluation and reporting systems that include appropriate indicators, baseline data, targets and a plan to evaluate performance and produce timely accurate and complete reporting. Specificresponsibilities may include but are not limited to:Oversees M&E activities in close collaboration with assigned Country/Region/Programs.
- Develop and directly contribute to the development and implementation of M&E tools and systems to improve the ability to collect, interpret and aggregate data that demonstrates impact and program accountability and progress.
- Develop and support the design and implementation of baseline, mid-term and end of project evaluations, surveys and other components of the programs’ M&E system.
- Provide M&E technical advice to programs, projects, including staffing and resource allocation to M&E.
- Develop high quality quantitative and qualitative methods and participatory methodologies to monitor program quality for performance and results.
- Provide technical support for M&E in one or more technical sectors.
- Build upon industry and experiences to improve consistency, quality and practicality of M&E strategies; promote dissemination and use of lessons learned within international partner organizations.
- Review M&E plans and PMPs for quality and adherence to donor requirements.
- Collect lessons learned from programs and collaborate with senior management to assure M&E components are of high quality and improve processes and practices in data analysis.
- Provide training to staff, primary stakeholders, and implementing partners on M&E components in project design; such as monitoring plan, assessments, reviews, surveys and evaluations.
- Identify best practices for documentation as success stories, technical reports, or peer review publications and reviews surveillance, research and evaluation publications prior to release to stakeholders.
- Provide quality and timely submission of all required project reports.
- Liaise with national, multisectoral and donor M&E TWG and colleagues to ensure programs provide complementary support and contribution to evolution of country M&E systems.
- Oversee capacity building activities on M&E topics, including the development of workshop materials, webinars, the design and management of workshops for implementing partners, the development of technical briefs, learning modules, and M&E guides.
- Participate in resource mobilization, and contribute to proposals.
- Contributes to planning and making recommendations for department/program/project concept, operations, and/or implementation.
- Influences design and scope of initiatives and programs. Represents the organization to external entities at professional meetings and conferences.
- Continually maintains a dialogue and M&E technical exchange with field counterparts and technical staff of implementing partners.
- Coordinates with employees and consultants, on-site and in the field for situations that are less routine and more unusual.
- Reporting to the Chief of Party, the Director, Monitoring, Evaluation and Research will be in charge of the monitoring, evaluation components of this contract.
- S/he will develop monitoring, evaluation and reporting (MER) systems that include appropriate indicators, baseline data, targets, and a plan to evaluate performance and produce timely accurate and complete reporting.
S/he must have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A master’s degree or higher in public health , social sciences, other relevant discipline;
- A minimum of 8 years working experience in monitoring and evaluation in the public health field, with progressively increasing level of responsibility;
- Demontratsed Grant and Contract management experience
- Demonstrated expertise in rigorous quantitative and qualitative research and analytical methods;
- Proven experience in study design and implementation, including design and data analysis of quantitative and qualitative studies and rapid appraisals;
- Demonstrated hands-on practical experience setting up and managing MER systems for health programs;
- Excellent report writing, analytical and communication skills, including oral presentations skills;
- Extensive experience in knowledge management and dissemination of research findings.
Availability of position is contingent upon funding and approval of key personnel.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can apply through FHI 360 career at https://www.fhi360.org/careers
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.