FINCA International - Lusaka, Lusaka
– The Legal Officer is a member of the Legal Department. S/he deals with legal issues pertaining to the institution, is in charge of collection, developing and implementing collection policies and procedures.
-Make sure that every region has a securities register and that release of securities are properly recorded in the register.
-Audit securities in the branches to ensure that all the securities in the register are perfected and are properly filled.
Loan Recovery Management
- Initiate, implement and evaluate the effectiveness of collection strategies for delinquent loans.
- Regularly review collection policies and procedures.
- Prepare and regularly review collateral disposal policies.
- Monitor plans of recovery including disposal of collaterals
- Prepare annual budgets for recovery activities
- Drawing Recovery Plans Every Friday of the week and to discuss with the Head of department pans and progress.
- Participate in the end of month Review of the Recovery performance & recommending measures for improvement.
- Liaise and provide the necessary support to branch staff on loan files, recovery of difficult cases and offer support in cases of attachment.
- Ensuring that all collateral is attached and sold in accordance with established policies and procedures and proceeds from the sales are remitted/banked to FU on time.
- Prepare regular and exceptional reports on the status of recovery