Requisition Number: 503756
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Categories: Administration, Services
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- In conjunction with government at district level, conduct situational analyses on the state of and impediments to the delivery of early childhood education in Solwezi district
- Design and implement appropriate early childhood education support interventions including the training of early childhood teachers and other stakeholders, establishment of early childhood education resource support program and the setting up of pilot and strategic early childhood education centres in Solwezi
- These stakeholders include, but are not limited to, rural village childcare representatives, market group representatives, day care teachers and other volunteers
- Participate in the design and delivery of instructional improvement program for early grade teachers including training early grade teachers in early childhood education pedagogics
- Design systems and instrumentation for the assessment, monitoring and evaluation of early grade learning and development in schools and of early childhood education and development in early childhood education and development centres
- Design and produce monthly progress reports
- Liaise with government education officials on early childhood development
- Train key stakeholders in the Montessori method and other tried and tested approaches to early childhood and early grade education
- Conduct early childhood education project and program evaluations
- Provide training and development opportunities for any direct reports on an ongoing basis, with a particular focus on Zambian employees
- Other duties as directed by the Supervisor
- A first degree in psychology or education or an equivalent in which early childhood psychology was heavily represented
- Post graduate qualification in early childhood education and development would be an added advantage
- At least 5 years’ experience in early childhood development in a first world or first world educational setting
- At least 2 years’ experience in training early childhood education practitioners
- Experience in establishing early childhood education centres would be an added advantage
- Must be able to work well with people in a multi-cultural environment and be a good trainer
- Willing to work in urban and rural settings around Kansanshi Mine
Beware of imposters who call applicants purporting to be HR Officers and requesting money for work. First Quantum Minerals does not request applicants to pay any fees for possible placement within FQM in Zambia. Please report any activities of this nature to the Zambian Police and Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC), and in addition call and inform FQM Security at Kansanshi on 7 and +44.
Applications close: 23 Oct 2018 FLE Daylight Time