First Quantum Minerals LTD - Lusaka, Lusaka
This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Ensure high availability of enterprise infrastructure platforms that support internal employee business functions and external business partners.
- Test, troubleshoot, and optimize performance of systems, and assist users and technical staff with comprehensive technical support.
- Performs routine system monitoring, necessary troubleshooting, and daily alert review to determine the health and needs of systems.
- Maintain and recommend procedures for system administration activities, supports the development and maintenance of IT standards, and provides input for mid to long range systems planning.
- Utilize judgment based on industry best practices to arrive at workable solutions, and provides second level technical support, which includes user management, call management, and application security.
- Design and validates the hardware layer solutions, meeting resiliency and performance expectations.
- Maintains awarenes and knowledge of industry technology trends for technical viability and risk management to the organization. Recommends future IT infrastructure initiatives in alignment with corporate initiatives.
- Work independently to plan and implement complex technical tasks and projects.
- Provide technical guidance on projects across functional areas and to third parties; mentors and trains peers.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 5 years managing high availability Systems,Databases and Networks
- Must have advanced knowledge in the following technical disciplines: network design, security, servers and storage, database management, and/or operations.
- Broad generalist knowledge of current, certified Information Technology standards, operating systems, and implications of emerging technology trends.
- Broad understanding of IT operational related technologies such as networking, security, backups, cloud, database and Converged Architecture.
- Bold initiative
- Thinking safely
- Upholding quality
- Technical Skill